If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Nissan Leaf insurance in Dallas is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in Texas.
- Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher rates like inattentive driving and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides tips to prevent high rates and find hidden discounts.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who compare price quotes will probably move their business because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved over $3,450 over four years compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Nissan Leaf insurance is your ultimate objective, then having some insight into how to compare auto insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Dallas can initially seem challenging. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. But Texas vehicle owners must comprehend the way companies sell insurance online and use it to your advantage.
Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding more affordable rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare rates from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Dallas, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance rates
Companies don’t always list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Leaf can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable their insurance company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, daytime running lights, military active duty, driver training, and good student.
- Travelers discounts include payment discounts, good student, multi-car, new car, and early quote.
- Nationwide offers discounts including defensive driving, anti-theft, easy pay, multi-policy, and family plan.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, business and professional, youthful driver, good student, distant student, pay in full, and mature driver.
- Esurance may include discounts for DriveSense, good driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, multiple autos, anti-theft, defensive driving training, driver’s education, good student, and passive restraint.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for annual mileage, anti-theft, age of vehicle, multi-car, and ease of repair.
Check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Dallas.
Save Money with These Tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your prices.
- Liability – The liability section of your policy is the protection if you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- More stress means more cost – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations such as judges, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel generally pay higher rates than average due to intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, careers like actors, historians and the unemployed pay the least.
- Women tend to cost less – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes have accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- How credit rating affects auto insurance prices – Credit rating can be an important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit score can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Nissan Leaf by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- High coverage deductibles equal low rates – Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, protects your Nissan from damage. Some examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. Comp and collision deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Insure car and home with the same company – The majority of insurers allow better rates to buyers who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Get better rates if married – Walking down the aisle may save some money when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Insurance loss data for a Nissan Leaf – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Nissan Leaf vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Leaf Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Leaf Electric 89 84 45 83 64 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Some people still like to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper rates and also buy local.
By using this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Dallas who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Dallas should know the answers to these questions.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Dallas agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Dallas that are able to give price quotes.
- John Hall – State Farm Insurance Agent
3110 Webb Ave #205 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (972) 807-2051 – View Map
- State Farm: Dwight Hill
10300 N Central Expy #296 – Dallas, TX 75231 – (469) 232-2396 – View Map
- Ruth Shannon – State Farm Insurance Agent
18217 Midway Rd #134 – Dallas, TX 75287 – (972) 735-9797 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different car insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always contact at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are Dallas independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Laurence Cole Insurance Agency
6500 Greenville Ave #680 – Dallas, TX 75206 – (214) 823-2653 – View Map
- Eves Insurance Agency
1318 Pioneer Dr – Dallas, TX 75224 – (214) 941-1300 – View Map
- Harrison Insurance Agency
5001 Spring Valley Rd #400e – Dallas, TX 75244 – (972) 250-1776 – View Map
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing your policy, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Nissan Leaf insurance in Dallas. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from an unexpected company.
Some insurance providers may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies. Affordable Nissan Leaf insurance in Dallas is available both online in addition to many Dallas insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
As you quote Dallas car insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
More detailed auto insurance information is available at these sites:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)