Do you want to save money by finding low-cost car insurance rates in Dallas, TX? Dallas drivers have options when trying to find affordable Kia Optima Hybrid insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to buy car insurance and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for your Kia and get the best price possible from Dallas insurance agents and online providers.
You need to compare rates yearly since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the lowest premium rates on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Dallas a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn how to quote online to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is pretty simple and can save money. All you need to do is take a couple of minutes to compare rate quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Kia vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Optima Hybrid insurance, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Kia gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Take these seven policy discounts and save on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Dallas
Companies that sell car insurance do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Dallas auto insurance online.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on insurance.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount should help lower the cost of coverage.
Some of the larger companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
Check with every company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Dallas.
Buying from car insurance agents
Some people prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Dallas who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Dallas should be willing to answer these questions.
- How are they compensated?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you want to use a good Dallas insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents in Dallas are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them since it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people use the same agent mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Dallas that can give you rate quotes.
- John Hamman – State Farm Insurance Agent
8330 Abrams Rd #104 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 341-3050 – View Map
- Carlos Luevano – State Farm Insurance Agent
4444 W Illinois Ave #304 – Dallas, TX 75211 – (214) 337-8888 – View Map
- Roxy Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
12640 E Northwest Hwy, Ste 408 – Dallas, TX 75228 – (972) 681-6128 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you contact independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
The following are independent agencies in Dallas that are able to give price quotes.
- Sheaner Insurance, LLP
2501 Abrams Rd – Dallas, TX 75214 – (214) 823-3003 – View Map
- Ross “Pistol” Love – Love Insurance Agency
5400 E Mockingbird Ln #224 – Dallas, TX 75206 – (214) 843-0772 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance
11722 Marsh Ln # 345 – Dallas, TX 75229 – (214) 352-5656 – View Map
If you receive positive responses to your questions as well as the cheapest Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Dallas quotes, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When selecting adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for X-ray expenses, doctor visits, EMT expenses, surgery and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Kia Optima Hybrid.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hail damage, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability car insurance
This can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 30/60/25 which means a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as funeral expenses, pain and suffering, loss of income and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not provide you with enough coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Optima Hybrid from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Optima Hybrid to bring the cost down.
In the end, you can save money
Discount Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Dallas is possible online and also from your neighborhood Dallas agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Dallas. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
When getting Dallas auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured cut collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
How to buy cheaper Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Dallas
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Dallas is to annually compare prices from different companies in Texas.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and your credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Dallas. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Immediately keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
More information is available below:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)