It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who get comparison quotes once a year will most likely move their business because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey revealed that people who compared price quotes annually saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Dallas is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The recommended way to get the cheapest Ford Freestar insurance in Dallas is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies in Texas. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn a little about auto insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as your driving record and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Affordable car insurance in Dallas, TX
The companies shown below offer quotes in Dallas, TX. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is. It’s important that you understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get cheaper rates.
- Does car insurance cost less for women? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Males and females get in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and thus pay the highest rates.
- Insurance lapses lead to higher insurance rates – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to pay more for insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Consider raising physical damage deductibles – The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims could be colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Multiple policies with one company – Lots of insurance companies allow lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Lower-cost Dallas auto insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might find some hidden discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before being credited.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Freestar insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Dallas auto insurance quotes online.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Ford could earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their company to scrutinize where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will cut your overall bill.
Companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, multi-policy, daytime running lights, air bags, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and federal employee.
- Travelers may include discounts for early quote, new car, continuous insurance, student away at school, good student, multi-policy, and home ownership.
- Nationwide has savings for family plan, good student, multi-policy, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for bundle discounts, business and professional, teen driver, homeowner, and switch companies.
- Esurance may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, safety device, Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, and online shopper.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, passive restraint, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include professional/association, annual mileage, anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, and accident-free.
If you want affordable Dallas auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not apply everywhere. For a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click this link.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local Dallas insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is especially important in Dallas.
By using this short form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Dallas auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you directly. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Does their agency support local causes in Dallas?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What discounts might you be missing?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an provider that can adequately provide insurance.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
A conclusion for your insurance search
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund and even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More affordable insurance in Dallas can be bought online in addition to many Dallas insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide price quotes online and these regional carriers work with local independent agencies.
We just covered a lot of ways to find cheaper Ford Freestar insurance in Dallas. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Dallas Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)