Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers could pocket about $1,800 a year, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The recommended way to find affordable car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Dallas.
- Try to understand auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for more ideas to help reduce prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on S60 insurance. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Six factors that impact insurance premiums
Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors that factor into prices.
Teenagers are high risk – Youthful drivers in Texas have been known to be more careless when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Adding a teen driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Liability is peace of mind – Liability insurance will afford coverage when you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Do you know you’re credit rating? – Credit history is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. People with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Volvo S60 by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher rates. Car insurance companies in Texas provide discounts to people who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Better drivers pay less – Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Having just one moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten multiple violations like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Drive less and save – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for auto insurance. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your S60 can cost quite a bit.
Loss probability for a Volvo S60 – Insurers use historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S60 4dr 2WD||103||85||83||76||72||65|
|Volvo S60 4dr 4WD||111||73||90||65||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates for Volvo S60 insurance in Dallas takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. All consumers are required to do is give them some information such as level of coverage desired, the ages of drivers, if you require a SR-22, and if you are currently licensed. The rating information is then sent to insurance companies and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
To compare cheap Volvo S60 insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Volvo S60 insurance, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Volvo S60 with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Volvo gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheaper Volvo S60 insurance rates in Dallas
Car insurance is expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Resident Student – Kids who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Dallas car insurance quote.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Paper-free Discount – Many larger companies will give a small break just for signing your application on the internet.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- American Family offers discounts including accident-free, mySafetyValet, good student, multi-vehicle, early bird, Steer into Savings, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for multi-policy, family plan, good student, easy pay, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, and defensive driving.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, early bird, defensive driver, good student, and student driver.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include early shopping, mature driver, youthful driver, homeowner, good student, alternative fuel, and business and professional.
- Allstate has savings for economy car, EZ pay plan discount, FullPay discount, premier discount, 55 and retired, and resident student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Local agents and car insurance
Many people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Dallas that can give you free Dallas car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Dallas should know the answers to these questions.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Dallas?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Upon receiving reasonable responses to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, chances are good that you have found an provider that can be relied on to properly service your car insurance policy. Just be aware that you can always cancel your policy at any time so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to any specific agency with no way out.
You can find cheap coverage
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce Volvo S60 insurance premium rates online in Dallas. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
When shopping online for car insurance, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)