Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around are very likely to switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A study showed that drivers who shopped around saved $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance in Dallas is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can save time and money.
The recommended way to find low-cost Suzuki Forenza insurance in Dallas is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Texas. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, try to comprehend individual coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and bad credit can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new insurance company. Once received, place your new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Quoting and comparing the lowest-priced coverage in Dallas can be fairly easy. Essentially anyone who wants cheaper car insurance will most likely find a lower price. Although Texas car owners do need to learn the way insurance companies calculate their prices and use it to find better rates.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more increases your odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers are able to get a slight reduction on a Dallas car insurance quote.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their auto insurance company to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Dallas car insurance quote.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies that may offer policyholders these benefits include:
Check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts may not apply everywhere.
You may want advice from an insurance agency
Some consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important particularly in Dallas.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Dallas who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you want a local insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Dallas can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Dallas that can possibly get you price quotes.
- Rodriguez Insurance Agency LLC
13111 N Central Expy Suite 8001 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (888) 797-1924 – View Map
- Porter-Brandenburg Agency
12160 Abrams Rd – Dallas, TX 75243 – (972) 234-5588 – View Map
- Sheaner Insurance, LLP
2501 Abrams Rd – Dallas, TX 75214 – (214) 823-3003 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Dallas that are able to give price quote information.
- Richard Ramirez – State Farm Insurance Agent
9400 N Central Expy #120 – Dallas, TX 75231 – (214) 320-3000 – View Map
- Danny Venz – State Farm Insurance Agent
3218 Oak Lawn Ave – Dallas, TX 75219 – (214) 521-1400 – View Map
- John Hall – State Farm Insurance Agent
3110 Webb Ave #205 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (972) 807-2051 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Where are claims handled?
Will just any policy work for me?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Suzuki Forenza?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Car insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Suzuki Forenza.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses such as X-ray expenses, EMT expenses and dental work. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a broken windshield, falling objects, hitting a bird, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 30/60/25 which stand for a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical services, structural damage, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Forenza from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Forenza to get cheaper collision coverage.
Cover all your bases
Cheap Suzuki Forenza insurance in Dallas can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Dallas agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not have online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of information how to shop for Suzuki Forenza insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices or even policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
More information can be found at the links below
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)