Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in Dallas.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives more ideas to get cheaper coverage and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. When you receive it, store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One tip to remember is to try to compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best price selection.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the majority of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by roughly 46.5% a year, but they think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
If you currently have insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. These tips will tell you how auto insurance companies operate and some money-saving tips. But Texas consumers do need to understand the methods companies use to calculate their prices and use it to your advantage.
The quickest method we recommend to compare policy rates for Volvo C30 insurance in Dallas takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies provide online access to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give the companies some data like if your license is active, whether you are single or married, how much you drive, and an estimate of your credit level. Your rating data is then sent to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
To compare affordable Volvo C30 insurance rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Dallas, TX. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Volvo C30 insurance coverage information
The premium information displayed below outlines estimates of insurance costs for Volvo C30 models. Knowing how insurance policy premiums are figured is important for drivers to make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C30 T5 R-Design||$326||$672||$462||$28||$138||$1,626||$136|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower coverage rates noticeably.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your C30, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volvo at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your C30 outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Dallas Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the different types of things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- How much liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Combine policies to earn discounts – Most major car insurance companies allow lower prices for people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can find lower rates even if you insure with multiple companies
Avoid traffic tickets – Even one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Attentive drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders increase Volvo C30 auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance rates and age – Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are known to be more careless with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Men pay higher prices – Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. They both are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have more serious accidents. They also receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Volvo C30 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Continuous coverage lowers premiums – Letting your insurance expire is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
- Do you work long hours in a stressful job? – Occupational choices like judges, executives, and accountants generally have higher average rates due to high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, professions such as actors, historians and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Keep prices low by being claim-free – If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Texas award better rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Save with these discounts
Some providers don’t always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Dallas car insurance quote.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of larger companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy online.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Volvo C30 insurance in Dallas.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Volvo C30 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, daytime running lights, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, good student, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- MetLife has discounts for good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, and claim-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- Travelers may offer discounts for continuous insurance, good student, driver training, home ownership, early quote, save driver, and IntelliDrive.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safety rewards, anti-theft, teen safe driver, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and drive less.
- AAA includes discounts for good student, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered in Dallas. To locate providers that offer discounts in Dallas, click here to view.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Some consumers still like to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this quick form, your information is sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered to you. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on a insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What companies can they write with?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When searching for local Dallas agents, it’s important to understand the different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Dallas can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Dallas that can give you rate quotes.
- Kevin Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
4801 Frankford Rd #100 – Dallas, TX 75287 – (972) 818-4223 – View Map
- State Farm: Dwight Hill
10300 N Central Expy #296 – Dallas, TX 75231 – (469) 232-2396 – View Map
- Richard Ramirez – State Farm Insurance Agent
9400 N Central Expy #120 – Dallas, TX 75231 – (214) 320-3000 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to include rate quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Below are Dallas independent agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Laurence Cole Insurance Agency
6500 Greenville Ave #680 – Dallas, TX 75206 – (214) 823-2653 – View Map
- Thumann Agency, Inc
12770 Coit Rd Suite 110 – Dallas, TX 75251 – (972) 991-9100 – View Map
- Frederiksen and Frederiksen Insurance
12900 Preston Rd #500 – Dallas, TX 75230 – (972) 387-8646 – View Map
In the end, you can save money
Lower-priced car insurance in Dallas is possible both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to lower your Volvo C30 insurance auto insurance rates in Dallas. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding low cost Dallas car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is actually quite simple.
Additional car insurance information can be found below:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Students in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much is Dallas Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)