Searching for cheaper insurance for a Toyota Prius Prime in Texas can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our car insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There is a better way to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for your Toyota and get the best price possible from Dallas insurance agents and online providers.
You should take the time to compare prices occasionally because rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best deal on Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Dallas two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. You’ll find a ton of advice on Prius Prime insurance on the web, but you can learn some of the best ways to find cheap car insurance in Dallas.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper coverage, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Comparison shopping for the lowest-priced policy in Dallas is not that difficult. Vehicle owners just have to know the quickest method to shop from many companies at once.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some providers do not list every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Dallas car insurance online.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Prius Prime insurance in Dallas.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Toyota Prius Prime insurance.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few companies that may have most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Dallas. To see a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, follow this link.
Cutting your Dallas insurance rates is an easy way to save money. The only thing you need to do is take the time comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
How You Can Control Toyota Prius Prime Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that help calculate insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
Commute or pleasure use – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. A policy that improperly rates your Prius Prime may be costing you. Double check that your declarations sheet is rated on the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
The type of vehicle makes a difference – The make and model of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The best insurance prices will generally be found on the lowest performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
High premiums for teen drivers – Beginning drivers in Texas have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a youthful driver to your insurance policy can break the bank. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Gals tend to be lower risk – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Men and women cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
You may need help from an agent
Many people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheaper rates and still have a local agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Dallas.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that can provide free Dallas car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Dallas for you
When looking for a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can write auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it can factor into the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, we recommend you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are Dallas independent agencies that may be able to give pricing information.
- La Familia Auto Insurance
8702 Spring Valley Rd – Dallas, TX 75240 – (972) 586-7488 – View Map
- Bankhead Insurance Agency LLC
10935 Estate Ln #380 – Dallas, TX 75238 – (214) 343-1333 – View Map
- Thumann Agency, Inc
12770 Coit Rd Suite 110 – Dallas, TX 75251 – (972) 991-9100 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. They receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are Dallas exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
- John Hamman – State Farm Insurance Agent
8330 Abrams Rd #104 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 341-3050 – View Map
- Phil Maxey – State Farm Insurance Agent
17304 Preston Rd Ste 125 – Dallas, TX 75252 – (972) 233-2222 – View Map
- Steve Barnes – State Farm Insurance Agent
4403 N Central Expy, Ste 100 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (214) 515-9900 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
If you feel you receive acceptable answers to your questions and a low price estimate, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to provide auto insurance coverage. But remember, you can cancel coverage for any reason so don’t feel that you are obligated to your new company indefinitely.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Prius Prime insurance, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Toyota Prius Prime, almost all lenders will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Toyota gets damaged, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $820 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When you buy Dallas car insurance online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agencies. Low-cost Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Dallas can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, high prices, questionable increases in premium and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider can be easier than you think.
How to buy discount Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Dallas
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Dallas is to compare prices regularly from companies in Texas.
- First, try to understand how car insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Prius Prime coverage is available in Dallas. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Additional insurance information is available at these links:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)