Paying for pricey Toyota Highlander insurance in Dallas can bleed your personal savings and force you to cut corners elsewhere.
Sadly, most auto insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Drivers in Dallas could save an average of as much as 70% each year by just shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison. Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to get the lowest price on Toyota Highlander insurance in Dallas.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want to reduce your rates, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates without reducing coverage. Locating the best insurance company for you in Dallas is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Smart shoppers only have to learn the most efficient way to shop online from multiple companies.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Toyota Highlander coverage statistics
The rate information displayed next outlines a range of policy rates for Toyota Highlander models. Learning more about how insurance premiums are figured can help customers make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$246||$368||$392||$24||$118||$1,148||$96|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$246||$368||$392||$24||$118||$1,148||$96|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$246||$368||$392||$24||$118||$1,148||$96|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$274||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,242||$104|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$274||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,242||$104|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$274||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,242||$104|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$274||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,242||$104|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$274||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in your specific Dallas location which can lower or raise premium rates considerably.
Drive safe and save
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims can drive up Toyota Highlander insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The information below illustrates the difference between Toyota Highlander insurance prices with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There isn’t a written rule of when to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Toyota Highlander replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Get cheaper Toyota Highlander insurance rates in Dallas
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow their company to look at driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could earn discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall bill.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Highlander insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Dallas, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Highlander has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical bills incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance agents can help
Certain consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Dallas.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Dallas who want to provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to do any legwork because prices are sent to you directly. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Two types of auto insurance agents
When searching for a local Dallas insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can sell insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them since it may influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Dallas that may be able to give you free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Dallas that can give you comparison quotes.
Picking an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
If you get good feedback and a low price estimate, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.