Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who compare rates annually are inclined to switch car insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A study showed that drivers who shopped around annually saved as much as $860 a year compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Scion iQ insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding the best way to shop and compare coverages can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Dallas is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Texas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations, accidents, and a poor credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for additional tips to get low prices and earn larger discounts.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you’re already insured or just want cheaper coverage, you can use this information to buy cheaper insurance without reducing protection. The purpose of this post is to teach you the best methods to compare rates and how to save the most money. Comparison shoppers just need to learn the proper way to compare different rates from many companies at once.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Don’t overlook these seven Scion iQ insurance discounts
Some companies do not list all available discounts very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Dallas car insurance online.
- Early Signing – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current iQ insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow companies to study driving manner by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Dallas without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, driver’s education, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Travelers offers discounts for save driver, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, new car, multi-car, and driver training.
- American Family offers premium reductions for TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, good driver, Steer into Savings, early bird, and mySafetyValet.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, newly retired, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, and multi-car.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Dallas car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Dallas. If you would like to view insurance companies with discount rates in Dallas, click this link.
Car insurance agents can help
A small number of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Dallas who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Dallas?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How many years have they been established?
If you are wanting to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents in Dallas are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can handle auto insurance, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the selection process.
These agents are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Dallas that can give you price quotes.
- Scott Beseda – State Farm Insurance Agent
4411 Lemmon Ave #203 – Dallas, TX 75219 – (214) 219-6610 – View Map
- Danny Venz – State Farm Insurance Agent
3218 Oak Lawn Ave – Dallas, TX 75219 – (214) 521-1400 – View Map
- Phil Maxey – State Farm Insurance Agent
17304 Preston Rd Ste 125 – Dallas, TX 75252 – (972) 233-2222 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Dallas that can give you price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: The Rod Hanks Agency Inc
6300 Samuell Blvd #05 – Dallas, TX 75228 – (214) 275-8372 – View Map
- Associations Insurance Agency, Inc.
5401 N Central Expy Suite 200 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (866) 384-8579 – View Map
- Insurance One
14180 Dallas Pkwy #900 – Dallas, TX 75254 – (972) 267-8000 – View Map
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Texas?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like theft, hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as court costs, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, emergency aid and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your iQ to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses like nursing services, pain medications, prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Scion iQ.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Affordable car insurance premiums are out there
Low-cost Scion iQ insurance in Dallas is definitely available from both online companies and with local Dallas insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not have online quoting and many times these small insurance companies sell through local independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented many tips how you can get a better price on Scion iQ insurance in Dallas. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. They can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Dallas, TX? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a School Permit in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)