We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who shop for lower rates are inclined to buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely compared rates saved approximately $72 a month compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance is your target objective, understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze car insurance can help simplify the process.
It takes a little time, but the best way to save money on Jaguar S-Type insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who provide auto insurance in Dallas.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Dallas. If you can save money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
The most recommended method to compare rates for Jaguar S-Type insurance in Dallas is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies will pay a fee to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including driver details, marital status, your credit rating estimate, and if it has an alarm system. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to multiple auto insurance providers and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Dallas.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Dallas, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Jaguar in Dallas, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Jaguar S-Type, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Jaguar at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheaper Jaguar S-Type insurance in Dallas with discounts
Some insurers do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Dallas car insurance online.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on S-Type insurance in Dallas.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Sign Online – Many auto insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to look at driving habits by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Good Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for auto insurance.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, good student, multiple policy, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, multi-policy, federal employee, good student, and driver training.
- Allstate has discounts for good student, multi-policy, premier plus, teenSMART discount, anti-lock brakes, and EZ pay plan discount.
- SAFECO offers discounts for accident prevention training, drive less, bundle discounts, homeowner, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including education and occupation, anti-theft, good driver, AAA membership discount, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply everywhere. If you would like to view companies with the best Jaguar S-Type insurance discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Local Dallas insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Dallas.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Dallas who will give you bids for your business. You won’t need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Two types of Dallas car insurance agents
If you are searching for a good Dallas insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get rate quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Dallas that can give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Dallas that can give you price quotes.
Picking the best car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in Dallas should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Be persistent and save
Lower-priced auto insurance in Dallas is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Dallas agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
As you quote Dallas car insurance, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Students in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)