Sad but true, most drivers in Texas kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. American insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Really, the only way to find the cheapest price for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Dallas is to compare quotes annually from providers in Texas. This can be done by following these guidelines.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many things that cause rate increases such as accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives more details to keep prices down and get additional discounts that may be available.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. When you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
This article will help you learn how car insurance works and some tricks to saving. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you should be able to find better prices using the ideas presented in this article. But Texas vehicle owners do need to learn how big insurance companies determine what you pay.
Car insurance providers offering affordable prices in Texas
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Dallas, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Lower-cost Dallas auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can save substantially in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy early. You may see this discount when you get Dallas car insurance quotes online.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for air bags, good student, theft prevention, 55 and older, homeowners, and driver training.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, safe vehicle, passive restraint, multiple autos, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include anti-theft, easy pay, multi-policy, business or organization, and accident-free.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driver, paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, and renters.
- The Hartford has discounts for good student, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
Double check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in Dallas. To see a list of providers who offer cheap Chevy Spark EV insurance quotes in Texas, click this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important especially in Dallas.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. There is no reason to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Quote often and quote early
You just learned many tips how you can find cheaper Chevy Spark EV insurance in Dallas. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Dallas car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Cheaper Chevy Spark EV insurance in Dallas is definitely available online and with local Dallas insurance agents, so you need to shop Dallas car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Dallas Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)