A recent survey discovered that most consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Most drivers in Texas could pocket 70% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they switch to a new company.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find discount car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from providers that insure vehicles in Dallas.
Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on RDX insurance. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An essential thing to point out is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Rate information and statistics
The premium table displayed next showcases a range of insurance coverage prices for Acura RDX models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are determined can be useful when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$176||$360||$340||$20||$102||$998||$83|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$176||$360||$340||$20||$102||$998||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in Dallas location which can lower or raise rates significantly.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The example below shows the difference between Acura RDX insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The information below shows the comparison of Acura RDX auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set guideline for excluding comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Acura RDX book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Find Acura RDX Insurance Cheaper
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates.
Shown below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Prices impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated RDX may be costing you. Make sure your auto insurance coverage correctly shows the correct driver usage.
- Policy add-ons may not be needed – Policies have add-on coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are found liable for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower premiums – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping car theft.
- High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Acura RDX if you improve your credit rating. Insureds with good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Choosing to live in less populated areas is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. People in densely populated areas tend to have congested traffic and more severe claims. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate.
Acura RDX insurance loss probability – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Acura RDX vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura RDX Vehicles Specific Acura Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RDX 4dr 2WD 64 75 57 67 67 71 Acura RDX 4dr 4WD 68 79 79 68 66 60BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
We just covered many ideas to find cheaper Acura RDX insurance in Dallas. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a small local company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More learning opportunities
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)