A recent auto insurance study discovered that over 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in Dallas could save nearly 70% a year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates online.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers that sell auto insurance in Dallas.
- First, get an understanding of policy coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a bad credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Crosstrek insurance in Dallas. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. Once received, safely store the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Dallas is to understand most of the bigger providers allow for online access to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information like driver ages, whether you have decent credit, whether you are married, and how much you drive. That rating information is then submitted to multiple top-rated companies and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Dallas.
The following companies offer price quotes in Dallas, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Take advantage of these money saving discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Paperless Signup – A few insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Dallas car insurance quote.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow companies to monitor when and where they use their vehicle remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Dallas car insurance quote.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
A few companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Double check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not be available in Dallas. To choose insurance companies who offer discounts in Dallas, click here to view.
How Insurance Companies Determine Subaru Crosstrek Insurance Costs
Many factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Younger drivers are expensive to insure – Beginning drivers in Texas tend to be inattentive when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. Older people have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
- Bundle policies and save – Lots of insurance companies will award better rates to buyers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still save even more than the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Deter car thieves – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- High credit rating translates to low prices – Your credit rating factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Subaru Crosstrek by improving your rating.
- How much liability coverage – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Lower rates for cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Subaru scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Get hitched and pay lower rates – Being married may cut your premiums on your insurance policy. It may mean you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Annual mileage and car insurance costs – The more you drive every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Crosstrek can cost quite a bit. Verify your insurance policy is showing the correct usage.