If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Dallas is to compare quotes once a year from companies who sell auto insurance in Texas.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of auto insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like distracted driving and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper RX 400h coverage is available. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who get price comparisons will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved about $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Lexus RX 400h insurance is your goal, learning the best way to compare insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on RX 400h insurance in Dallas.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To see insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Texas, click here.
To find cheaper Dallas car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare quotes from local Dallas insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest Lexus RX 400h insurance rates consists of shopping online.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more prices will increase your chances of finding lower pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give Dallas RX 400h insurance quotes over the internet, so you should also compare quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Dallas, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Compare rates but buy from a local Dallas insurance agent
Many people would rather buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices and still have a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Dallas that provide free Dallas car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When finding a local Dallas insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Dallas can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Dallas willing to provide price quote information.
- Phil Maxey – State Farm Insurance Agent
17304 Preston Rd Ste 125 – Dallas, TX 75252 – (972) 233-2222 – View Map
- Steve Barnes – State Farm Insurance Agent
4403 N Central Expy, Ste 100 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (214) 515-9900 – View Map
- Mike Baker – State Farm Insurance Agent
3400 Carlisle St Ste 470 – Dallas, TX 75204 – (214) 780-0900 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include several independent agencies to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Dallas who can help you get price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: The Rod Hanks Agency Inc
6300 Samuell Blvd #05 – Dallas, TX 75228 – (214) 275-8372 – View Map
- Laurence Cole Insurance Agency
6500 Greenville Ave #680 – Dallas, TX 75206 – (214) 823-2653 – View Map
- Insurance One
14180 Dallas Pkwy #900 – Dallas, TX 75254 – (972) 267-8000 – View Map
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or high prices. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Some insurance providers may not offer internet price quotes and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Low-cost Lexus RX 400h insurance in Dallas is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Dallas insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
We just presented some good ideas how to save on Lexus RX 400h insurance in Dallas. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)