If you want to save money, the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Dallas. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and a low credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around annually will probably buy a new policy because of the good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent study showed that drivers who compared rates once a year saved about $72 a month compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price on insurance is your intention, then having some knowledge of how to choose a company and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
This article’s intent is to tell you how car insurance works and also pocket some savings If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the techniques covered below. Comparison shoppers just need to learn the quickest way to shop their coverage around from many different companies.
Discounts can help lower rates on Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Dallas
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow driving data collection to look at driving patterns by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Chrysler can qualify you for cheaper car insurance rates.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Dallas Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Dallas auto insurance depending on your company.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The information below compares Chrysler Town and Country yearly insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and defensive driver.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, accident-free
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, anti-theft, defensive driving training, student away at school, and accident-free.
- Progressive has savings for good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for multi-car, good driver, type of vehicle, professional/association, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may include discounts for teen driver, student driver, good student, theft prevention, and driver training.
- Allstate may have discounts that include safe driver, passive restraint, new car, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
If you are trying to find low cost Dallas auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply to policies in your area.
How to get cheap Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Dallas, Texas
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Chrysler Town and Country coverage analysis
The price information displayed next highlights detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Chrysler Town and Country models. Learning as much as possible about how policy premiums are figured can be useful when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Town and Country LX||$186||$280||$310||$18||$94||$888||$74|
|Town and Country Touring||$210||$340||$310||$18||$94||$972||$81|
|Town and Country Signature||$210||$340||$310||$18||$94||$972||$81|
|Town and Country Touring Plus||$210||$340||$310||$18||$94||$972||$81|
|Town and Country Limited||$234||$400||$310||$18||$94||$1,056||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can affect price quotes substantially.
Raise deductibles and save
One of the most common car insurance questions is where should you set your physical damage deductibles. The rates below outline the cost difference between low and high physical damage deductibles. The first data set uses a $250 physical damage coverage deductible and the second data table uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Town and Country LX||$294||$408||$324||$20||$96||$1,167||$97|
|Town and Country Touring||$332||$496||$324||$20||$96||$1,293||$108|
|Town and Country Signature||$332||$496||$324||$20||$96||$1,293||$108|
|Town and Country Touring Plus||$332||$496||$324||$20||$96||$1,293||$108|
|Town and Country Limited||$370||$584||$324||$20||$96||$1,419||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Town and Country LX||$240||$328||$324||$20||$96||$1,008||$84|
|Town and Country Touring||$270||$400||$324||$20||$96||$1,110||$93|
|Town and Country Signature||$270||$400||$324||$20||$96||$1,110||$93|
|Town and Country Touring Plus||$270||$400||$324||$20||$96||$1,110||$93|
|Town and Country Limited||$300||$472||$324||$20||$96||$1,212||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise prices considerably.
Based on the figures above, using a $250 deductible costs an average of $15 more each month or $180 each year than buying the higher $500 deductible. Since you would pay $250 more to file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to have more than 17 months between claims, you would probably come out ahead by selecting a higher deductible.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The chart below compares Chrysler Town and Country insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There isn’t a written rule that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chrysler Town and Country replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Chrysler Town and Country Insurance Costs Can Be Reduced
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Certain jobs pay higher prices – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like judges, police officers, and miners have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work-related stress and long work hours. Conversely, professions such as scientists, historians and homemakers pay the least.
- Drive lots and pay more – The more you drive your Chrysler in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge rates based on their usage. Autos that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating shows the right rating data, because it can save money. An improperly rated Town and Country can result in significantly higher rates.
- Being married is a good thing – Your spouse helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. It translates into being more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Responsible drivers pay less – Having a clean driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Even one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions can raise Chrysler Town and Country annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Don’t skimp on liability protection – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Men drivers tend to cost more – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women have accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
The information below shows the comparison of Chrysler Town and Country premium costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
- Consolidate policies and save money – Most larger car insurance companies will give discounts to customers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Higher physical damage deductibles are cheaper – Comp and collision deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- What is glass protection for?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important particularly in Dallas.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
When finding a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both provide insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can save you money.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Dallas that can give you pricing information.
- Porter-Brandenburg Agency
12160 Abrams Rd – Dallas, TX 75243 – (972) 234-5588 – View Map
- Thumann Agency, Inc
12770 Coit Rd Suite 110 – Dallas, TX 75251 – (972) 991-9100 – View Map
- La Familia Auto Insurance
8702 Spring Valley Rd – Dallas, TX 75240 – (972) 586-7488 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Dallas who can help you get price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance: Scott LaDuke Agency
2702 McKinney Ave #203 – Dallas, TX 75204 – (214) 740-1800 – View Map
- Michele Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
9661 Audelia Rd #111 – Dallas, TX 75238 – (214) 328-8282 – View Map
- Phil Maxey – State Farm Insurance Agent
17304 Preston Rd Ste 125 – Dallas, TX 75252 – (972) 233-2222 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Dallas should be willing to answer these questions.
- How are they compensated?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
After talking to the agent and getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chrysler Town and Country in Dallas, insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chrysler has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chrysler at a more expensive rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects your Chrysler and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Quote more to save more
Lower-priced Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Dallas is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.
When you buy Dallas auto insurance online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal or questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)