A recent auto insurance study discovered that 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Dallas could save roughly $1,766 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates and save money.
The recommended way to get discount auto insurance rates in Dallas is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Texas.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. This enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Get cheaper Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Dallas with discounts
Companies don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Dallas auto insurance online.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less may allow you to get lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a class that teaches safe driver techniques may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Dallas auto insurance quote.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, good student, and 55 and retired.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, education and occupation, good driver, good student, and pay-in-full.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, air bags, good student, Steer into Savings, and mySafetyValet.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, multi-policy, air bags, good student, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and federal employee.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
When quoting, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies with the best Pontiac Grand Prix insurance discounts in Texas, click this link.
Cutting your Dallas auto insurance rates is actually quite simple. Consumers just need to spend a little time comparing rates from different insurance companies.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Find Cheaper Insurance with These Tips
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine your insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you cheaper rates. Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Costs are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a big difference in your rates. The best insurance prices will generally be found on the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- With age comes lower premiums – Older people are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Drivers with little experience tend to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- Too many insurance claims will drive insurance rates up – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Texas generally give most affordable rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher rates – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
- Vehicle options that lower insurance rates – Owning a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Drivers with high credit save on insurance – Credit history can be an important factor in determining your rates. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Pontiac Grand Prix by improving your credit score.
- You may save more by bundling policies – Most larger insurance companies allow lower prices to clients who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare other Dallas Grand Prix insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates. Consumers may save money even if you insure with multiple companies
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your auto insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Pontiac Grand Prix?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some people just prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agents is important especially in Dallas.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Dallas auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact any agents because prices are sent to you directly. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you’re trying to find a local Dallas insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in Dallas may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Dallas who can help you get free rate quotes.
- Sheaner Insurance, LLP
2501 Abrams Rd – Dallas, TX 75214 – (214) 823-3003 – View Map
- Calema Insurance Agency
3021 Lombardy Ln #101 – Dallas, TX 75220 – (469) 341-7831 – View Map
- CJ Lingberg Insurance Agency
11884 Greenville Ave a101 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (972) 479-9911 – View Map
These agents generally can only insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Dallas that can give you comparison quotes.
- Richard Ramirez – State Farm Insurance Agent
9400 N Central Expy #120 – Dallas, TX 75231 – (214) 320-3000 – View Map
- Todd Schara – State Farm Insurance Agent
516 S Hampton Rd #140 – Dallas, TX 75208 – (214) 943-7500 – View Map
- Phil Maxey – State Farm Insurance Agent
17304 Preston Rd Ste 125 – Dallas, TX 75252 – (972) 233-2222 – View Map
Selecting a car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does their agency support local causes in Dallas?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Dallas, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Pontiac Grand Prix has a loan, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Pontiac for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Pontiac as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $700 annually so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Persistent drivers can save
Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and these regional carriers work with local independent agents. Budget-friendly auto insurance in Dallas is possible online and also from your neighborhood Dallas agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just covered some good ideas how to reduce Pontiac Grand Prix insurance prices online in Dallas. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- How Much is Dallas Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)