Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Drivers in Dallas can save $1,766 each year, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable Nissan Titan XD insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from companies that insure vehicles in Dallas. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Titan XD insurance. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. Make sure you put the certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Nissan Titan XD insurance in Dallas
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Dallas car insurance online.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers could receive better car insurance rates.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Dallas car insurance but check with your company.
Don’t be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are:
- Travelers may have discounts that include multi-policy, new car, home ownership, continuous insurance, and IntelliDrive.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for automatic seat belts, 55 and older, homeowners, theft prevention, air bags, and student driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, accident-free, multiple policy, good driver, safe vehicle, and good student.
- GEICO discounts include good student, multi-policy, daytime running lights, defensive driver, seat belt use, membership and employees, and air bags.
- SAFECO has discounts for homeowner, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, good driver, anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, and education and occupation.
Double check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in every state. To see insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click this link.
The best way we recommend to compare rates for Nissan Titan XD insurance in Dallas takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information including if the vehicle is leased, how many miles driven, if you are currently licensed, and whether you are single or married. Your information is submitted instantly to all major companies and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
To find lower affordable Nissan Titan XD insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Dallas.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance agents near you
A small number of people prefer to have an agent’s advice. Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Dallas who want to provide quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How long has their agency been in business in Dallas?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they full-time agents?
The difference between Dallas auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies from which to choose. Agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both provide car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. They are well schooled in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Dallas that are able to give price quotes.
- Ann Nguyen – State Farm Insurance Agent
12655 N Central Expy #310 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 692-0900 – View Map
- Earl Gordon – State Farm Insurance Agent
7605 McCallum Blvd – Dallas, TX 75252 – (972) 407-9995 – View Map
- State Farm: Brent Cooper
5232 Forest Ln #111 – Dallas, TX 75244 – (214) 987-1995 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Dallas willing to provide price quote information.
- JME Insurance
5495 Belt Line Rd #333 – Dallas, TX 75254 – (972) 245-0266 – View Map
- Porter-Brandenburg Agency
12160 Abrams Rd – Dallas, TX 75243 – (972) 234-5588 – View Map
- Steven Graves Insurance
11300 N Central Expy #430 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 599-0808 – View Map
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just presented a lot of information how to lower your Nissan Titan XD insurance premium rates in Dallas. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Dallas car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company.
Cost effective Nissan Titan XD insurance can be bought online and also from your neighborhood Dallas agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don’t offer internet price quotes and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More detailed insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)