The recommended way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers in Dallas.
- Read and learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like your driving record and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to point out is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year will presumably switch companies because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced company. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared prices regularly saved an average of $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price on Mazda Tribute insurance in Dallas is your intention, then learning a little about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Keep in mind that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Insuring your Mazda Tribute just makes sense
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mazda Tribute with a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Mazda for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to save money.
Detailed insurance information
The price information displayed below outlines detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Mazda Tribute models. Knowing how insurance policy premiums are figured can benefit drivers when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tribute I Sport 2WD||$208||$400||$324||$20||$96||$1,048||$87|
|Tribute I Sport 4WD||$208||$400||$324||$20||$96||$1,048||$87|
|Tribute I Touring 2WD||$208||$400||$324||$20||$96||$1,048||$87|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 2WD||$240||$400||$324||$20||$96||$1,080||$90|
|Tribute I Touring 4WD||$240||$400||$324||$20||$96||$1,080||$90|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 4WD||$240||$472||$324||$20||$96||$1,152||$96|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 2WD||$240||$472||$324||$20||$96||$1,152||$96|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 4WD||$240||$472||$324||$20||$96||$1,152||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change rates considerably.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Mazda Tribute car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Lower rate quotes on Mazda Tribute insurance in Dallas with these six discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new Tribute can save up to 30% because newer models are generally safer.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates compared to drivers who are more careless.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Dallas can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below compares Mazda Tribute insurance prices with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife has savings for good student, accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, student away at school, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for professional/association, low natural disaster claims, ease of repair, type of vehicle, good driver, multi-car, and age of vehicle.
- 21st Century discounts include anti-lock brakes, teen driver, defensive driver, theft prevention, driver training, student driver, and air bags.
- Allstate offers discounts including economy car, auto/life discount, good student, teenSMART discount, utility vehicle, premier discount, and farm vehicle.
If you want cheaper Dallas auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered on policies in Dallas. To choose providers who offer discounts in Texas, click this link.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does my Mazda Tribute need full coverage?
- What is the ISO rating for a Mazda Tribute?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.