If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from providers in Dallas. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend individual coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic violations and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article gives tips to help keep prices low and get discounts that may be available to you.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Don’t forget to keep the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Shockingly, the vast majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Texas being $2,680, drivers could save up to 70% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
How to get Dallas Lincoln Mark LT insurance price quotes
Just remember that comparing more prices helps increase your odds of locating the best price.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Dallas, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Dallas insurance discounts for a Lincoln Mark LT
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Distant Student – Kids who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a safe driver course may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Mark LT insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will positively reduce your policy cost.
To see a list of providers with significant discounts in Texas, click here.
Get Cheaper Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates. Many factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- Never let your auto insurance lapse – Driving with no insurance is against the law and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Youthful drivers pay higher prices – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Teen drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- High credit scores save money – An insured’s credit score factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit rating is low, you could be paying less to insure your Lincoln Mark LT by repairing your credit. People with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with worse credit.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lowers premiums – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Females tend to take less risk – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males get in fender benders in similar numbers, but males have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
Comparing prices from local Dallas insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a provider should depend on more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Dallas?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Does their agency support local causes in Dallas?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is there a local claims center in Dallas?
Dallas car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you need to find a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company like State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Dallas that are able to give price quotes.
- Kelvin Nunley – State Farm Insurance Agent
1441 N Cockrell Hill Rd #100 – Dallas, TX 75211 – (214) 333-0404 – View Map
- Danny Venz – State Farm Insurance Agent
3218 Oak Lawn Ave – Dallas, TX 75219 – (214) 521-1400 – View Map
- Ann Nguyen – State Farm Insurance Agent
12655 N Central Expy #310 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 692-0900 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you should always get quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are Dallas independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Thumann Agency, Inc
12770 Coit Rd Suite 110 – Dallas, TX 75251 – (972) 991-9100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Paula L Ratliff Agency Inc
11661 Preston Rd #146 – Dallas, TX 75230 – (214) 890-0760 – View Map
- Insurance One
14180 Dallas Pkwy #900 – Dallas, TX 75254 – (972) 267-8000 – View Map
It’s not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Should I rate my Lincoln Mark LT as pleasure use or commute?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Lincoln Mark LT?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
Cheaper Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Dallas can be purchased from both online companies and with local Dallas insurance agents, so you need to shop Dallas car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests and policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We’ve covered many ways to shop for Lincoln Mark LT insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)