It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop for lower rates will most likely switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved approximately $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for insurance is the reason you’re here, learning the best ways to find and compare cheaper coverage can make shopping around easier.
Really, the only way to find low-cost Lexus IS 250 insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Dallas.
- Try to understand how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. When you receive it, place the new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on every quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
When shopping for affordable Dallas car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rates from different companies. One of the best ways to comparison shop involves getting comparison quotes online.
It’s important to know that comparing more quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best rates.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Dallas, TX. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Score discounts on Dallas car insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but some need to be asked for before being credited.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Dallas car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their company to monitor driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Paper-free Discount – Some larger companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy digitally online.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small decrease in premiums.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The illustration below shows the difference between Lexus IS 250 auto insurance rates with and without discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Travelers discounts include IntelliDrive, new car, payment discounts, good student, and save driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts including teen driver, good student, 55 and older, student driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, good student, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and air bags.
- SAFECO offers discounts for multi-car, homeowner, accident prevention training, anti-theft, safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, and anti-theft.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state. To find providers that offer some of these discounts in Texas, click this link.
Lexus IS 250 coverage analysis
The price information shown below covers detailed analysis of insurance costs for Lexus IS 250 models. Being able to understand how auto insurance premiums are figured can be valuable when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$326||$774||$392||$24||$118||$1,634||$136|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$362||$774||$392||$24||$118||$1,670||$139|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$362||$774||$462||$28||$138||$1,764||$147|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in your specific Dallas location which can alter price quotes greatly.
Driving violations and accidents
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims raise Lexus IS 250 yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Lexus IS 250 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive formula of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Lexus IS 250 claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Buy Lexus IS 250 Insurance More Affordably
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that help determine your car insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings. Multiple criteria are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a significant other can get you a discount on your policy. It means you’re more responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Cut prices and deter theft – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft.
- Coverage deductibles are a factor – Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your Lexus from damage. Some examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
- More people means more accidents – Having an address in less populated areas has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- Lower rates with uninterrupted coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
Are females or males drivers cheaper? – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Women and men cause accidents at a similar rate, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Lexus IS 250 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance loss probability for a Lexus IS 250 – Insurers analyze past claim statistics to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that are shown to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Lexus IS 250 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Lexus IS 250 Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus IS 250 4dr 2WD 179 103 177 116 146 115 Lexus IS 250 4dr 4WD 177 87 186 118 Lexus IS 250 Convertible 135 80 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years