We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop rates annually will probably buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on Kia Spectra insurance in Dallas is your objective, then having some insight into the best way to compare insurance coverage can help simplify the process.
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from companies that insure vehicles in Dallas.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more details to get better rates and find additional discounts.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View prices
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Spectra coverage is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. Don’t forget to keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One piece of advice is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Best Kia Spectra insurance rate quotes in Texas
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Dallas, TX. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before being credited. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy over the internet.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safety rewards, anti-theft, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, drive less, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
- American Family offers discounts for accident-free, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, and good student.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for emergency military deployment, multi-policy, military active duty, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including air bag, anti-theft, bundle, driver training, defensive driver, good student, and vehicle fuel type.
If you want cheaper Dallas auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not apply everywhere. If you would like to see a list of companies with significant discounts in Dallas, click here.
Are auto insurance agents obsolete?
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you need to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Dallas may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to know how they are different since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Dallas exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Kelvin Nunley – State Farm Insurance Agent
1441 N Cockrell Hill Rd #100 – Dallas, TX 75211 – (214) 333-0404 – View Map
- Earl Gordon – State Farm Insurance Agent
7605 McCallum Blvd – Dallas, TX 75252 – (972) 407-9995 – View Map
- Michele Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
9661 Audelia Rd #111 – Dallas, TX 75238 – (214) 328-8282 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company so they can write business with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you need to check rates from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Many write coverage with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Dallas who can help you get rate quotes.
- Rodriguez Insurance Agency LLC
13111 N Central Expy Suite 8001 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (888) 797-1924 – View Map
- Associations Insurance Agency, Inc.
5401 N Central Expy Suite 200 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (866) 384-8579 – View Map
- Calema Insurance Agency
3021 Lombardy Ln #101 – Dallas, TX 75220 – (469) 341-7831 – View Map
More comparisons equals affordable rates
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Kia Spectra insurance auto insurance rates in Dallas. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
When getting Dallas auto insurance quotes online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Some insurance providers may not have price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents. Cost effective Kia Spectra insurance can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
More information is located on the following sites:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)