It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year are inclined to switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around every year saved over $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving the most money on insurance is your objective, then having some insight into how to shop and compare car insurance can save money and time.
Really, the only way to find affordable quotes for Kia Amanti insurance in Dallas is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers in Texas. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how your policy works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View rates
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. This enables a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
All the larger insurance companies provide insurance quotes on their websites. The process is possible for anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverages you want on the page. Upon sending the form, their quoting system orders your credit score and driving record and provides a quote based on the information you submitted.
Quoting online for Kia Amanti insurance in Dallas streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to find the best insurance rates.
In order to find out how much you’re overpaying now, check out the insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the coverages just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will have rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Kia Amanti, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Kia Amanti Insurance Costs Can Be More Affordable
Part of the insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine your rate level.
Get married and get cheaper premiums – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Prices go up with performance – The make and model of the car you own makes a big difference in your rates. The lowest premiums are usually found on small economy passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Can a thief steal your car? – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Systems that thwart thieves like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent auto theft.
Gender is a factor – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men get in accidents in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Safety ratings are a factor – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Kia Amanti is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Low credit history equals high costs – An insured’s credit history can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower ratings. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Kia Amanti by improving your credit score.
Don’t overlook these Kia Amanti insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your bill.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts are:
Double check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state. To choose providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Dallas, click here.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Who is covered when they drive my Kia Amanti?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Texas?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Local Dallas insurance agencies
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates and also buy local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Dallas who want to provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Dallas should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Once you have received good feedback for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found a company that can adequately provide insurance. Just keep in mind you can always cancel your policy whenever you choose to so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with a policy for any length of time.
Persistence will pay off
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheaper Kia Amanti insurance in Dallas can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Dallas, so you need to quote Dallas car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
We’ve covered many ways to get a better price on Kia Amanti insurance in Dallas. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional car insurance information can be found at the links below
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)