A study showed that a large majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Texas could pocket about 70% a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in Dallas is to annually compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Texas. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for the details to help keep prices low and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Dallas. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Dallas is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using this information. Although Texas drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to price insurance differently.
Cheap Saturn insurance prices in Dallas
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
You may qualify for discounts for Saturn Sky insurance in Dallas
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less can earn cheaper prices.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good student, pay-in-full, multi-car, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, pay in full, good student, distant student, mature driver, teen driver, and youthful driver.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, defensive driver, good student, membership and employees, and anti-lock brakes.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for Switch & Save, DriveSense, defensive driver, anti-theft, good driver, and emergency road assistance.
- SAFECO includes discounts for drive less, anti-theft, accident prevention training, multi-car, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, good student, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and passive restraint.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Dallas. To choose insurance companies that offer discounts in Dallas, click here.
Learn How to Get Car Insurance Cheaper
Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but others are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that are used to determine your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine prices.
- How’s your driving record? – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices as compared to those with violations. Having a single moving violation can boost insurance rates substantially. People who have flagrant violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Liability protection is important – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with bad credit. If your credit history can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Saturn Sky if you clean up your credit.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Who is covered when they drive my Saturn Sky?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local Dallas insurance agencies and car insurance
Some people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Dallas auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurance company should depend on more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- How long has their agency been in business in Dallas?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Shown below are Dallas insurers willing to provide price quote information for Saturn Sky insurance in Dallas.
Jim Franco – State Farm Insurance Agent
3720 Walnut Hill Ln #203 – Dallas, TX 75229 – (214) 358-3246 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
9750 Walnut St Ste 106 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 575-2750 – View Map
Be persistent and save
As you shop your coverage around, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Dallas is attainable online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)