Are you kicking yourself for buying overpriced Saturn Outlook insurance in Dallas? You’re preaching to the choir because there are lots of Dallas residents who feel the same.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that almost 70% of insureds in Texas kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in the United States could save themselves approximately $860 a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Steps to finding better rates for Saturn Outlook insurance in Dallas
If you want to save money, the best way to find discount car insurance rates in Dallas is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers in Texas. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Dallas. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Because you have many different company options, it’s nearly impossible to choose the cheapest insurer.
It’s smart to compare prices once or twice a year because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the lowest price on Saturn Outlook insurance in Dallas six months ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re going to learn how to use online quotes to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Dallas seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the techniques covered below. But Texas vehicle owners need to learn the way companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Best companies for low-cost Saturn Outlook insurance in Texas
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Rates and other information
The data table shown next highlights estimates of insurance premium costs for Saturn Outlook models. Learning more about how premiums are formulated is important for you to make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlook XE 2WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Outlook XV 2WD||$270||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,188||$99|
|Outlook XE Premium 2WD||$300||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|Outlook XE AWD||$300||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|Outlook XE Premium AWD||$300||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|Outlook XR-L 2WD||$300||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|Outlook XR-L AWD||$300||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|Outlook XR-L Premium 2WD||$300||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|Outlook XR-L Premium AWD||$300||$472||$382||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower premiums considerably.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Saturn Outlook insurance prices with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Saturn Outlook book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Lower-cost Saturn Outlook insurance quotes in Dallas
Companies don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts very well, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Saturn may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies provide a small discount get Dallas auto insurance over the internet.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best auto insurance rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Dallas auto insurance online.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Dallas and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Saturn Outlook premium costs with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- 21st Century has discounts for good student, defensive driver, early bird, teen driver, and 55 and older.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, multiple policy, student away at school, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, family plan, defensive driving, multi-policy, business or organization, and accident-free.
- Esurance may offer discounts for emergency road assistance, good driver, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford discounts include vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, air bag, bundle, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
When comparing rates, check with every company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available in Dallas. If you would like to see a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Dallas, click here.
The Saturn Outlook Insurance Premium Equation
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
Men tend to take more risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Females and males are responsible for accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Saturn Outlook insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – The deductibles you choose tell how much you are required to spend if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Safer cars lower car insurance rates – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid and thus lower rates.
- Don’t buy incidental coverages that aren’t used – There are a ton of extra coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Things like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
Performance affects insurance rates – The type of car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on economy passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
The chart below uses these variables: single female driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Saturn Outlook car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different risk factors.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Having a wife or husband may save some money when shopping for car insurance. It is viewed as being more financially stable and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Liability coverage is critical – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing your policy, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
You may need help from an agent
Many drivers just want to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free Dallas auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
One last thing to lower rates
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to lower your Saturn Outlook insurance prices in Dallas. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
There are still a few companies who may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies. Cost effective Saturn Outlook insurance can be found both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
How to buy affordable Saturn Outlook insurance in Dallas
To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Saturn Outlook insurance in Dallas is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who can sell car insurance in Texas.
- First, read about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases like traffic citations and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One bit of advice is to compare identical coverage information on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Additional insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)