It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from providers that insure vehicles in Dallas. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An essential thing to point out is that you use identical coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most consumers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Drivers in Texas could save approximately 70% a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare other rate quotes.
If you already have coverage, you should be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Dallas is actually quite easy if you know where to start. But Texas vehicle owners must learn the way insurance companies determine prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
Lower-cost Dallas insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- No Claims – Dallas drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Student in College – Kids who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Dallas Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Dallas may earn you a small savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Dallas auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Dallas auto insurance quote.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching policies before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below shows the difference between GMC Sierra 3500HD car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. Data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that may include these money-saving discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered in Dallas. To see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Texas, click here to view.
How to get cheap GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Dallas, Texas
Most of the larger companies make it easy to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Doing online quotes for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Dallas is very simple as you just enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. After you submit the form their rating system automatically retrieves reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price. Quoting online for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Dallas makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find lower-cost insurance pricing.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
GMC Sierra 3500HD coverage statistics
The coverage table shown below showcases detailed analysis of coverage prices for GMC Sierra 3500HD models. Being aware of how insurance prices are established can help you make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$318||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,434||$120|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$318||$660||$500||$30||$150||$1,658||$138|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$318||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,434||$120|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$318||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,434||$120|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$318||$660||$500||$30||$150||$1,658||$138|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$660||$500||$30||$150||$1,658||$138|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$318||$572||$400||$24||$120||$1,434||$120|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$318||$660||$500||$30||$150||$1,658||$138|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$318||$660||$500||$30||$150||$1,658||$138|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$350||$660||$400||$24||$120||$1,554||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific Dallas garaging location which can influence prices significantly.
The chart below highlights how deductible selection and can influence GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Dallas insurance rates
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can raise GMC Sierra 3500HD premium costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below compares GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive formula to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your GMC Sierra 3500HD claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When buying your policy for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- If my GMC Sierra 3500HD is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people just want to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are Dallas exclusive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to check rates from several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Dallas willing to provide rate quotes.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
We covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Dallas. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Dallas auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best auto insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Affordable GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Dallas is attainable online and with local Dallas insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
More detailed car insurance information is available in these articles:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Dallas? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)