Everyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who shop rates annually will, in all likelihood, move their business because the odds are good of finding lower rate quotes. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved an average of $860 a year compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Dallas is your intention, then having an understanding of how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Dallas is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Texas. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
First, try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as traffic violations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
An important note is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you can learn to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Dallas is really quite easy. Consumers just need to understand the fastest way to get comparison rates using one simple form.
Discount Dallas car insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Dallas car insurance online.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow their company to study driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The information below illustrates the difference between Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance premiums with and without policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Some companies that have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of providers with discount rates in Dallas, click this link.
Most larger insurance companies make it easy to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Comparing prices online for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Dallas is pretty painless because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Upon sending the form, the system requests information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on these and other factors. The ability to get online quotes for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Dallas simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the lowest payment on insurance.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, check out the insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Dallas, TX. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Coverage statistics and figures
The coverage table shown next showcases a range of insurance rates for Mazda MX-5 Miata models. Knowing how premiums are determined can help you make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MX-5 Miata Sport 2-Dr Convertible||$200||$346||$310||$18||$94||$968||$81|
|MX-5 Miata Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$230||$422||$310||$18||$94||$1,074||$90|
|MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$230||$422||$310||$18||$94||$1,074||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in Dallas location which can change price quotes greatly.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Mazda MX-5 Miata premium costs for different age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Get Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance at a Discount
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find big savings.
- Commute or pleasure use – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles left parked in the garage cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Having an incorrect usage rating on your MX-5 Miata may be wasting your money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Lower auto insurance rates by staying claim free – If you tend to file frequent claims, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Texas provide better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Lots of companies provide a discount to buyers that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still compare other Dallas MX-5 Miata insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can save even more than the discount by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Prevent theft and save – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop auto theft.
- High comp and collision deductibles reduce rates – Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Mazda MX-5 Miata claim probability – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Mazda MX-5 Miata vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible 76 61 74 72BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Dallas insurance agent
Many people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Dallas who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Dallas?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Dallas, insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your MX-5 Miata with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mazda for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your Mazda gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your MX-5 Miata more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable car insurance is out there
When you buy Dallas car insurance online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Budget-conscious Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Dallas agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)