A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. drivers can save roughly $860 each year, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Truthfully, the best way to find affordable quotes for Lexus GS 200t insurance in Dallas is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who provide car insurance in Texas.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how your policy works and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. Immediately put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This provides an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Choosing the best rates in Dallas can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using these techniques. But Texas consumers need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to determine prices because rates are impacted by many factors.
When quoting car insurance, remember that having more price comparisons increases your odds of finding better pricing.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Some companies don’t necessarily list every possible discount very well, so here is a list a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new GS 200t is cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may receive a slight reduction on a Dallas car insurance quote.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, multi-policy, seat belt use, good student, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, online quote, anti-theft, homeowner, claim free, good driver, and emergency road assistance.
- The Hartford offers discounts for defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, bundle, anti-theft, and air bag.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state. To choose insurers who offer cheap Lexus GS 200t insurance quotes in Dallas, click here to view.
Six Tips to Get Cheaper Dallas Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
Shown below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Prices impacted by vehicle usage – The higher the miles on your Lexus each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Many insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Improper usage on your GS 200t is throwing money out the window. Verify your auto insurance policy reflects the correct usage.
- Credit rating impact auto insurance premiums – A driver’s credit rating is likely to be a major factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lexus GS 200t if you clean up your credit. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have bad credit.
- Your employer and auto insurance rates – Careers such as lawyers, architects, and miners tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, careers such as professors, athletes and retirees pay the least.
- Male rates may be higher – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women have accidents in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young males generally have the highest accident percentage and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Avoid traffic tickets – Good drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Even a single driving citation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers who have license-revoking tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- More performance means higher rates – The type of car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest rates will normally be found when insuring lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
Many people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Dallas who will give competitive quotes for your business. You don’t have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Any agent in Dallas should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is there a local claims center in Dallas?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does their agency support local causes in Dallas?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agencies to choose from. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Dallas willing to provide price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance: Scott LaDuke Agency
2702 McKinney Ave #203 – Dallas, TX 75204 – (214) 740-1800 – View Map
- Linda Horton State Farm Insurance Agency
8150 N Central Expy #735 – Dallas, TX 75206 – (214) 363-4563 – View Map
- Kelvin Nunley – State Farm Insurance Agent
1441 N Cockrell Hill Rd #100 – Dallas, TX 75211 – (214) 333-0404 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most can insure with different regional companies which can save you money.
Listed below are Dallas independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Insurance One
14180 Dallas Pkwy #900 – Dallas, TX 75254 – (972) 267-8000 – View Map
- Associations Insurance Agency, Inc.
5401 N Central Expy Suite 200 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (866) 384-8579 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
9750 Walnut St Ste 106 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 575-2750 – View Map
Insurance can be complex
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Texas?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Lexus GS 200t to commute?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Insurance savings summarized
We covered many tips how you can lower your Lexus GS 200t insurance premium rates in Dallas. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lexus GS 200t insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a small local company. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Affordable Lexus GS 200t insurance in Dallas is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
As you quote Dallas car insurance, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost.
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Dallas? (FAQ)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)