How long has it been since you shopped around for cheaper insurance rates in Dallas, TX? Dallas drivers have many options when trying to find affordable Lexus ES 350 insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to find insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to get price quotes for a Lexus and obtain the lowest possible price from Dallas insurance agents and online providers.
Most major insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide coverage prices direct online. Comparing prices online for Lexus ES 350 insurance in Dallas is fairly straightforward as you simply enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. Upon sending the form, the system pulls credit information and your driving record and generates a price.
The ability to get online quotes for Lexus ES 350 insurance in Dallas streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you are searching for the most affordable auto insurance rates.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Dallas, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Data for Lexus ES 350 insurance
The price information displayed next covers different insurance rates for Lexus ES 350 models. Being more informed about how insurance policy rates are established is important to be able to make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can affect coverage prices significantly.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Lexus ES 350 insurance costs for each different age category. The rates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Lexus ES 350 insurance rates by age and gender
The example below shows the comparison of Lexus ES 350 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below compares Lexus ES 350 auto insurance rates with and without full coverage. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no specific rule to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Lexus ES 350 book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Dallas, paying for auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your ES 350 has a lienholder, most banks will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Lexus ES 350 and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before being credited.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get substantially lower prices.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Dallas may earn a discount when getting a Dallas auto insurance quote.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military can result in better prices.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Lexus ES 350 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Dallas, follow this link.
Insurance agencies near you
Some consumers still like to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Dallas who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Before buying a policy in Dallas, get answers to these questions.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How long has their agency been in business in Dallas?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Dallas?
Specific coverages for a Lexus ES 350
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for funeral costs, hospital visits, dental work, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as falling objects, rock chips in glass, theft and fire damage. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your ES 350 from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your ES 350 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Lexus ES 350.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Persistence pays off
Cheap Lexus ES 350 insurance in Dallas is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Dallas, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent or even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
When buying insurance coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to finding affordable Lexus ES 350 insurance in Dallas
The preferred way to find low-cost prices for Lexus ES 350 insurance in Dallas is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Texas.
- First, learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on ES 350 insurance in Dallas. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. When you receive it, store the proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)