Have you had enough of trying to scrape together enough money to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than the majority of other consumers in Texas.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who get price comparisons are likely to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding discount prices. A study discovered that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Dallas is the reason you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to compare insurance coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
How to find affordable quotes for Kia Soul insurance in Dallas
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to quote cheaper Kia Soul insurance in Dallas is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in Texas.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of policy coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like distracted driving and poor credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives instructions to get affordable coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. When you receive it, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Consumers have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Dallas is actually quite simple. If you have coverage now, you should be able to lower your rates using the following tips. Although Texas consumers should learn how the larger insurance companies determine what you pay because rates are impacted by many factors.
Dallas insurance discounts for a Kia Soul
Some providers don’t always list all available discounts very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Dallas auto insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars on the same insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% and get you low cost Kia Soul insurance.
- Student Discounts – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Kia Soul annual premium costs with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- American Family includes discounts for mySafetyValet, good driver, good student, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and early bird.
- Farm Bureau has savings for driver training, multi-vehicle, safe driver, 55 and retired, good student, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- Travelers may offer discounts for continuous insurance, driver training, multi-car, save driver, payment discounts, early quote, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- The Hartford may include discounts for anti-theft, bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, defensive driver, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, driver training, five-year accident-free, good student, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, and online signing.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in Dallas.
First Step: Get free Kia Soul insurance quotes
Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate the best price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so it’s important to compare price quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Insurance rate breakdown
The rate table displayed below outlines detailed analysis of coverage prices for Kia Soul models. Understanding more about how rates are figured can be valuable when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can revise premium rates significantly.
How careless driving impacts Dallas auto insurance rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders can raise Kia Soul insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Kia Soul full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Kia Soul insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no set guideline that works best for making the decision to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Kia Soul claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $200 a year for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Local Dallas auto insurance agents and car insurance
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Dallas that can give you free Dallas auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
Below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Dallas that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Kia Soul insurance in Dallas.
Eves Insurance Agency
1318 Pioneer Dr – Dallas, TX 75224 – (214) 941-1300 – View Map
Mike Baker – State Farm Insurance Agent
3400 Carlisle St Ste 470 – Dallas, TX 75204 – (214) 780-0900 – View Map
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut full coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you many ideas to shop for Kia Soul insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Low-cost Kia Soul insurance in Dallas is definitely available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
How to find lower priced Kia Soul insurance in Dallas
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find better pricing on Kia Soul insurance in Dallas is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies in Texas. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, read about auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Dallas. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)