Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Dallas consumers could save themselves about $1,766 a year by just shopping around, but they don't know the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
The recommended way to quote cheaper car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Dallas. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations and poor credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on GT insurance in Dallas. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Dallas is not rocket science. If you have coverage now or want to find a cheaper company, follow these tips to reduce premiums while maximizing coverage. You only need to know the most effective way to shop from many companies at once.
Compare Dallas Ford GT insurance rate quotes
Reducing your Ford GT insurance rates isn't really that difficult. Just take time to compare rates to discover which company has affordable Ford GT insurance quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to all the different Dallas insurance agencies. Comparing Ford GT insurance rates online eliminates the middleman unless you want the extra assistance of a local Dallas agent. It is possible to obtain prices from the web and still use a local agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Ford GT and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver is overpaying over $855 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do you qualify for discounts on Ford GT insurance in Dallas?
Some insurers do not list every policy discount very well, so we break down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Paperless Signup - Many companies provide a small discount for completing your application on the web.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Safety Course Discount - Passing a driver safety course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- College Student Discount - Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Dallas and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should successfully complete driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used GT can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on GT insurance in Dallas.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To choose insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, click this link.
Buying car insurance from Dallas car insurance agents
Some people prefer to have an agent's advice and that can be a great decision Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Dallas?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local Dallas insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies in Dallas are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it's important to point out how they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Dallas who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below are independent agencies in Dallas that can give you comparison quotes.
Car insurance policy specifics
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Coverage for medical expenses - Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses such as doctor visits, chiropractic care, hospital visits, X-ray expenses and funeral costs. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability insurance - Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 30/60/25 that means you have a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, legal defense fees and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Comprehensive car insurance - Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers - Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Ford GT.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision - Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your GT caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your GT to get cheaper collision coverage.
One last note
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
Low-cost Ford GT insurance in Dallas is available on the web in addition to many Dallas insurance agents, so you need to shop Dallas car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)