How many times have you told yourself to find more affordable Buick Lucerne insurance in Dallas? Finding the cheapest insurance for your Buick Lucerne in Texas can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to price shop coverage for your Buick and find the lowest price either online or from Dallas insurance agents.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who compare other rates will presumably switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced policy. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared rates regularly saved over $70 a month compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance is your goal, knowing how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
It’s a good habit to compare prices periodically because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the lowest rates on Buick Lucerne insurance in Dallas a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn one of the best ways to buy cheaper Buick Lucerne insurance in Dallas.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Dallas is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you can use this information to find better prices without having to cut coverage. You just need to know the best way to compare rate quotes online.
Compare quotes for Dallas Buick Lucerne insurance
The following companies offer price comparisons in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Lucerne in Dallas, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Buick Lucerne, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to save money.
Insurance rate breakdown
The information shown below showcases detailed analysis of policy rates for Buick Lucerne models. Knowing how insurance prices are figured is important to be able to make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$286||$660||$430||$26||$128||$1,530||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease price quotes significantly.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Buick Lucerne insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How careless driving impacts Dallas car insurance rates
The information below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims can raise Buick Lucerne insurance prices for different insured age categories. The data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The information below illustrates the difference between Buick Lucerne insurance costs with and without full coverage. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set rule for phasing out comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Buick Lucerne settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Cheaper Dallas auto insurance quotes with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Dallas drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Dallas auto insurance quote in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will lower your auto insurance premiums.
The information below compares Buick Lucerne annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may include some of the above discounts include:
Check with each company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Dallas.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many drivers still like to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Dallas that can give you free Dallas auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Dallas car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Dallas agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can handle insurance, but it is important to understand how they are different since it may influence which agent you choose.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Dallas who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Ruth Shannon – State Farm Insurance Agent
18217 Midway Rd #134 – Dallas, TX 75287 – (972) 735-9797 – View Map
- Jon Essary – State Farm Insurance Agent
1214 W Davis St – Dallas, TX 75208 – (214) 948-6000 – View Map
- State Farm: Dwight Hill
10300 N Central Expy #296 – Dallas, TX 75231 – (469) 232-2396 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Dallas who can help you get rate quotes.
- Harrison Insurance Agency
5001 Spring Valley Rd #400e – Dallas, TX 75244 – (972) 250-1776 – View Map
- Bankhead Insurance Agency LLC
10935 Estate Ln #380 – Dallas, TX 75238 – (214) 343-1333 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
9750 Walnut St Ste 106 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 575-2750 – View Map
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- If my Buick Lucerne is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is my Buick Lucerne covered if I use it for business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
You just read a lot of techniques to lower your Buick Lucerne insurance rates in Dallas. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Dallas auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding low cost Dallas auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies.
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
There are still a few companies who don’t offer internet price quotes and these smaller companies work with local independent agents. Affordable Buick Lucerne insurance in Dallas is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Dallas, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
How to buy low-cost Buick Lucerne insurance in Dallas
The preferred way to find affordable Buick Lucerne insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in Dallas. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Read about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Dallas. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Much more information about insurance in Texas is available on the following sites:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)