The best way to get discount Porsche Panamera insurance in Dallas is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who can sell car insurance in Texas.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like getting speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One thing to remember is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Many drivers in Texas could cut their rates by as much as $1,800 a year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
The majority of larger companies provide prices for coverage direct online. This process is pretty painless as you just type in your coverage preferences into the form. Behind the scenes, the quote system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price based on the data you entered.
Being able to quote online for Porsche Panamera insurance in Dallas simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the lowest possible payments on car insurance.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will receive a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Score discounts on Dallas car insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Dallas can save a few bucks since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Dallas car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will definitely reduce the cost of coverage.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Porsche Panamera annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, multi-policy, location of vehicle, good student, good driver, low natural disaster claims, and annual mileage.
- Nationwide has discounts for Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, multi-policy, easy pay, good student, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, driver training, daytime running lights, multi-policy, anti-theft, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, good driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Dallas.
Car insurance statistics and figures
The price information shown below highlights estimates of insurance rates for Porsche Panamera models. Learning more about how insurance policy premiums are calculated can be valuable when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Panamera S 4-Dr Hatchback||$582||$1120||$382||$22||$114||$2,220||$185|
|Panamera 4S AWD 4-Dr Hatchback||$582||$1226||$382||$22||$114||$2,326||$194|
|Panamera Turbo AWD 4-Dr Hatchback||$666||$1436||$382||$22||$114||$2,620||$218|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Dallas which can change coverage prices noticeably.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Porsche Panamera premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Males versus Females
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Porsche Panamera insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The information below illustrates the comparison of Porsche Panamera insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive guideline of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Porsche Panamera replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $300 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Smart Buyers Can Lower Their Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower rates. Many things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
Auto insurance policy lapses lead to higher rates – Not maintaining insurance can get you a ticket and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department.
You might want pay the inexpensive claims yourself – If you file a lot of claims you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Texas provide discounts to people who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Drive less and pay lower prices – The more miles you rack up on your Porsche in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Panamera can cost quite a bit. Verify your declarations sheet states the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Being married is a good thing – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse may mean you are more responsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Insurance losses for a Porsche Panamera – Insurance companies study historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Models that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Porsche Panamera vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Porsche Panamera 4dr||236||94||265||57|
|Porsche Panamera GTS 4dr 4WD||246||48||467|
|Porsche Panamera Turbo 4dr 4WD||242|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years