It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop for lower prices will presumably switch insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A survey found that drivers who compared prices once a year saved about $70 a month compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving the most money on auto insurance in Dallas is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of the best ways to find and compare coverages can help simplify the process.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save money on car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurers who provide car insurance in Dallas.
- It will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price like accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for additional tips to get lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Just remember that comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Save money on Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance in Dallas with these discounts
Some companies do not advertise all available discounts very well, so the below list has a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive reduced rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to spy on driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Dallas car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Dallas and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, accident-free, good student, good driver, student away at school, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- American Family offers discounts including Steer into Savings, early bird, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, accident-free, and good student.
- AAA discounts include AAA membership discount, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, good student, and multi-car.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for age of vehicle, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, accident-free, good student, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for pay in full, distant student, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered in Dallas. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Smart Consumers Know How to Buy Car Insurance at a Discount
Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other criteria are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the factors that factor into prices.
Discounts for auto and home policies – Most larger companies apply a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other Dallas Mirage G4 insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
Marriage can save you money – Being married may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. It may mean you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that you can buy on your Mirage G4 policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
Consider raising comp and collision deductibles – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you have to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
File policy claims and pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Texas give better rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
When to contact an insurance agent
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you may find lower rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to companies in Dallas that give free quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Any agent in Dallas should be willing to answer these questions.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
Different types of Dallas auto insurance agents
If you need to find a good Dallas insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Dallas exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
- John Hamman – State Farm Insurance Agent
8330 Abrams Rd #104 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 341-3050 – View Map
- Scott Beseda – State Farm Insurance Agent
4411 Lemmon Ave #203 – Dallas, TX 75219 – (214) 219-6610 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Scott LaDuke Agency
2702 McKinney Ave #203 – Dallas, TX 75204 – (214) 740-1800 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Below are independent insurance agents in Dallas willing to provide rate quotes.
- E F Insurance Agency
9304 Forest Ln #217 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (972) 931-9285 – View Map
- Rodriguez Insurance Agency LLC
13111 N Central Expy Suite 8001 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (888) 797-1924 – View Map
- Texas Insurance Pro
2695 Villa Creek Dr #175 – Dallas, TX 75234 – (214) 717-4326 – View Map
After receiving good responses to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can be trusted to provide auto insurance coverage. Just understand that you have the power to cancel your coverage for any reason so don’t assume that you are obligated to any specific company for a certain time period.
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
You just read a lot of ways to compare Mitsubishi Mirage G4 insurance rates in Dallas. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Dallas car insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Dallas car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation and poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)