Unimaginable but true, a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Dallas drivers could save an average of as much as 70% each year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Really, the only way to get discount Fiat 500 insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies that insure vehicles in Dallas. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and a substandard credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies. Find a Dallas insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
An important note is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. This provides a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Our objective is to teach you a little about how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. If you have coverage now, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas presented in this article. Although Texas car owners can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to determine how much to charge because it varies considerably.
The quickest method to compare rates for Fiat 500 insurance in Dallas takes advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is give them rating details such as whether or not you need a SR-22, distance driven, how your vehicles are used, and the make and model of your vehicles. The data is automatically sent to multiple companies and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Dallas, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Fiat 500 insurance in Dallas
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Dallas car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to monitor driving patterns by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Dallas car insurance online.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include seat belt use, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for multi-car, good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, professional/association, accident-free, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for homeowner, bundle discounts, youthful driver, business and professional, alternative fuel, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include good student, teen driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, company car, air bags, and multiple vehicles.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-car, new move discount, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, and newly married.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safety rewards, homeowner, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA offers discounts for military installation, loyalty savings, family discount, safe driver, annual mileage, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not be offered in Dallas. To choose insurers offering car insurance discounts in Dallas, click here to view.
Smart Consumers Save Every Year
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
- How much liability insurance – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Having a spouse brings a discount – Having a spouse helps lower the price on insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – The majority of insurers apply a discount to people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can find lower rates by buying from different companies
- Vehicle risk impacts rates – The make and model of the car or truck you drive makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums will generally be found on low performance passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Insurance loss data for a Fiat 500 – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher premium rate.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Fiat 500 Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years