It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who get price quotes annually are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who shopped around every year saved on average $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Dallas is your objective, then having some knowledge of the best ways to find and compare coverage rates can save time and make the process easier.
If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Dallas is to regularly compare quotes from insurers in Texas. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and a poor credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for additional ideas to get affordable coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Dallas. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Choosing the best rates in Dallas is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you currently have insurance, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas presented in this article. Drivers just need to understand the quickest method to get comparison rates from many different companies.
Best companies for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Dallas, TX. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
These six discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Some insurers don’t always list every possible discount very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Good Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current TrailBlazer insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Telematics Discount – Dallas drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to analyze driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a defensive driver class may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
To find insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Dallas, follow this link.
Insurance agencies near you
Many people still prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Dallas who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Two different types of car insurance agents
When searching for a good Dallas insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that you can select. Agencies in Dallas are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it can influence your agent selection.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Dallas that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you contact multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following are independent insurance agents in Dallas who can help you get price quote information.
Upon getting good responses to your questions as well as a affordable price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your car insurance policy.
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like EMT expenses, hospital visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy TrailBlazer.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hitting a deer, falling objects, rock chips in glass and a broken windshield. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as emergency aid, loss of income, medical services, bail bonds and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your TrailBlazer caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your TrailBlazer to save money on collision insurance.
Shop smart and save
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Affordable Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Dallas can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Dallas, so you need to shop Dallas auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have online price quotes and many times these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Dallas Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)