Feeling guilty for buying overpriced Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in Dallas? It's quite common and there are lots of Dallas residents who feel the same.
It's an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. Drivers who get price quotes annually are very likely to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved approximately $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding low prices for Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance is your ultimate objective, learning how to find and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Big-name insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive continually hit you with advertising and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and take the time to shop coverage around.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but some must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are just wasting money.
- Student Discounts - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a defensive driver class could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Don't be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way. But all discounts will reduce your policy premiums.
The example below shows the difference between Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance prices with and without discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, accident-free, multiple policy, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, good driver, good student, TimeAway discount, and accident-free.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, and multi-car.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, multi-policy, daytime running lights, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for accident-free, location of vehicle, good driver, ease of repair, professional/association, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, youthful driver, good student, and pay in full.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
Check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your area. To see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Dallas, follow this link.
Compare quotes for Dallas Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to get quotes from different companies. The easiest way by far to find affordable Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to go to and from local Dallas insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the professional abilities that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Some companies do allow you to obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent.
Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate a lower rate than you're paying now.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Dallas, TX. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance statistics and information
The coverage table shown below covers estimates of coverage costs for Cadillac Escalade EXT models. Understanding how insurance policy premiums are established can be useful when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade EXT 4WD||$388||$772||$366||$22||$110||$1,658||$138|
|Escalade EXT Luxury Edition 4WD||$388||$772||$366||$22||$110||$1,658||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in your specific Dallas location which can influence premium rates significantly.
Premiums by gender and age
The information below compares Cadillac Escalade EXT premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Cadillac Escalade EXT annual premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set rule to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Cadillac Escalade EXT replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing in excess of $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How high should deductibles be on a Cadillac Escalade EXT?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Cadillac Escalade EXT?
- What policy terms are available?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Buying insurance from Dallas insurance agencies
Certain consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Dallas who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking a provider needs to be determined by more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Dallas?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
If you want a good insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Dallas can either be independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are Dallas exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to check rates from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Dallas that can give you price quotes.
One last note
Discount Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in Dallas can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Dallas agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
You just learned a lot of techniques to save on Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in Dallas. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you quote Dallas auto insurance, don't be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
How to find low-cost rates for Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in Dallas
It takes a little time, but the best way to find the cheapest price for Cadillac Escalade EXT insurance in Dallas is to compare prices annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Texas.
First, spend some time learning about individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that cause rate increases like distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Compare rates
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the newly selected company. Don't forget to keep the new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- How Much are Dallas Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)