A recent study showed that a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in the U.S. could save up to 46.5% every year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Dallas is to start doing an annual price comparison from providers who provide auto insurance in Texas.
- First, take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each price quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Most major insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate provide price estimates direct online. The process is fairly simple because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage information as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, the quote system requests reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price. Using the web to get rate quotes for Mazda CX-7 insurance in Dallas helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the best rate possible.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate the coverage information identical to your current policy. This way, you will receive a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Insurance statistics for a Mazda CX-7
The rate table shown below outlines detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Mazda CX-7 models. Having insight into how policy premiums are established is important for drivers to make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-7 SV 2WD||$166||$288||$392||$24||$118||$988||$82|
|CX-7 Sport 2WD||$186||$288||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|CX-7 Touring 2WD||$186||$288||$392||$24||$118||$1,008||$84|
|CX-7 Touring 4WD||$186||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,058||$88|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 2WD||$208||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,080||$90|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 4WD||$208||$338||$392||$24||$118||$1,080||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact premiums considerably.
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Mazda CX-7 insurance prices for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
How careless driving impacts Dallas insurance rates
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can influence Mazda CX-7 car insurance costs for each different age category. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Mazda CX-7 insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to eliminate physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Mazda CX-7 book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Why you need quality insurance for your Mazda CX-7
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Dallas, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mazda with a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mazda at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Mazda but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Dallas is overpaying more than $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the things that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower insurance prices.
- Married people drive safer – Having a significant other can actually save you money when shopping for insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Age of drivers – Beginning drivers in Texas have been known to be less responsible in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
The following data assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Safety first – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Lower prices with alarm systems – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Having an address in a rural area can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Urban drivers have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. More time behind the wheel can result in more accidents.
Males pay more for insurance coverage – Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean females are better drivers. Both sexes cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but males have costlier accidents. Men also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high insurance rates.
The example below shows the comparison of Mazda CX-7 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Frequent quotes can save
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, high prices and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
Cheap Mazda CX-7 insurance in Dallas is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not offer online quoting and these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at these sites:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)