Really, the only way to find better pricing on Lincoln Continental insurance in Dallas is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Texas.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Sadly, over 70% of Texas drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and just under half have never shopped around. The average driver in the U.S. could save $859 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Getting a low cost price on insurance is surprisingly easy. All you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free Dallas car insurance quotes from different insurance companies.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to and from local Dallas insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Lincoln Continental insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a need for the trained guidance that only an agent can give. Drivers can comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lincoln Continental in Dallas, insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lincoln, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Lincoln Continental but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure all your vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Paper-free Discount – Some insurance companies provide a small discount get Dallas car insurance on the internet.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable driving data collection to study driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better premium rates.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Dallas, click here to view.
Car insurance agents can give valuable advice
A small number of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Dallas.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Dallas car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find a local Dallas insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to include several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are Dallas independent agencies who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Dallas that are able to give price quotes.
Mike Baker – State Farm Insurance Agent
3400 Carlisle St Ste 470 – Dallas, TX 75204 – (214) 780-0900 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
One last thing to lower rates
Discount Lincoln Continental insurance in Dallas can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so get free Dallas car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)