Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Dallas is to annually compare prices from insurers who sell auto insurance in Texas. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about coverages and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for information to find cheap prices and get additional discounts that may be available.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. Don’t forget to put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate will most likely switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey revealed that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved on average $70 a month compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Companies offering Honda S2000 insurance in Texas
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Dallas, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Determine discounts on Dallas insurance
Some companies don’t list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Dallas car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 shop Dallas car insurance on their website.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get substantially lower insurance rates.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce the premium cost.
Insurance companies who may offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each company to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply to policies in Dallas. To see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Texas, click this link.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Texas?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Buying from auto insurance agents
Many drivers just want to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Dallas.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Dallas that give free quotes to get your business. You won’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Dallas that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Frederiksen and Frederiksen Insurance
12900 Preston Rd #500 – Dallas, TX 75230 – (972) 387-8646 – View Map
- Thumann Agency, Inc
12770 Coit Rd Suite 110 – Dallas, TX 75251 – (972) 991-9100 – View Map
- La Familia Auto Insurance
8702 Spring Valley Rd – Dallas, TX 75240 – (972) 586-7488 – View Map
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people use the same agent mainly due to the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Dallas that can give you price quote information.
- Todd Schara – State Farm Insurance Agent
516 S Hampton Rd #140 – Dallas, TX 75208 – (214) 943-7500 – View Map
- Joe Pearce – State Farm Insurance Agent
9543 Losa Dr #111 – Dallas, TX 75218 – (214) 327-9315 – View Map
- Larry Sandlin – State Farm Insurance Agent
4560 W Mockingbird Ln #120 – Dallas, TX 75209 – (214) 526-5227 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Dallas should know the answers to these questions.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are they full-time agents?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does their agency support local causes in Dallas?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
If you receive acceptable answers to these questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can provide car insurance coverage. But remember, you can cancel coverage whenever you want so never assume that you’re stuck with a policy with no way out.
Lower rates by being persistent
The cheapest Honda S2000 insurance in Dallas is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so get free Dallas car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)