The best way we recommend to find more affordable auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from companies in Dallas.
First, try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause high rates such as inattentive driving and a low credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View a list of agents
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A valuable tip to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of Texas drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Drivers in the U.S. could save an average of about $860 each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they just switched companies.
Locating the best rates in Dallas can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you already have coverage or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to save money and still have adequate protection. Shoppers just need to use the proper methods to compare rate quotes from many companies at once.
Finding a better price on auto insurance can be surprisingly simple. All that’s required is to invest a little time comparing free Dallas auto insurance quotes online from several insurance companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Dallas, TX. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper rates with these discounts
Companies don’t list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on car insurance.
- Good Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Dallas Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Dallas auto insurance quote.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To locate car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Dallas, click this link.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Audi in Dallas, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Audi with a loan, almost all lenders will require that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Audi for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Audi Allroad. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so you should quote rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying from insurance agencies
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent. Good agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Dallas auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Dallas?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How often do they review coverages?
When looking for a local Dallas insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance policy providers may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand why they differ since it can affect the selection process.
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Dallas that can give you comparison quotes.
- Larry Sandlin – State Farm Insurance Agent
4560 W Mockingbird Ln #120 – Dallas, TX 75209 – (214) 526-5227 – View Map
- Steve Barnes – State Farm Insurance Agent
4403 N Central Expy, Ste 100 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (214) 515-9900 – View Map
- Carlos Luevano – State Farm Insurance Agent
4444 W Illinois Ave #304 – Dallas, TX 75211 – (214) 337-8888 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you check rates from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are Dallas independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Oak Lawn Insurance
5200 Lemmon Ave #105, Dallas, TX 75209, USA – TX 75209, TX USA – (214) 521-2212 – View Map
- JME Insurance
5495 Belt Line Rd #333 – Dallas, TX 75254 – (972) 245-0266 – View Map
- Texas Insurance Pro
2695 Villa Creek Dr #175 – Dallas, TX 75234 – (214) 717-4326 – View Map