Really, the only way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Dallas is to regularly compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Texas. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average insurance premium being $2,679, Texas drivers could save 70% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Quoting and comparing the best car insurance coverage in Dallas is simple if you know the tricks. Basically, everyone who is looking for a better price on car insurance will find a cheaper policy. Nevertheless, Texas vehicle owners must understand the way insurance companies price online insurance and use it to your advantage.
Many insurance companies provide coverage price quotes from their websites. Doing online quotes for Hummer H2 insurance in Dallas is quite simple as you just enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the quote system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Hummer H2 insurance in Dallas streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the best rate on auto insurance.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Lower rate quotes on Hummer H2 insurance in Dallas with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Dallas Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Hummer could earn discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, defensive driving training, good student, multiple policy, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, daytime running lights, multi-policy, driver training, anti-theft, and good student.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, drive less, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, good student, bundle discounts, business and professional, and multi-car.
- AAA discounts include good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
- USAA may offer discounts for family discount, good student, loyalty savings, annual mileage, driver training, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
If you need cheaper Dallas car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in every state. To find insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Dallas, follow this link.
Why you need quality insurance for your Hummer vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Hummer in Dallas, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hummer for a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Hummer. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Hummer as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Dallas car insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important particularly in Dallas.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to companies in Dallas who can give free rate quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they work. Dallas agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Dallas that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Texas Insurance Pro
2695 Villa Creek Dr #175 – Dallas, TX 75234 – (214) 717-4326 – View Map
- Bankhead Insurance Agency LLC
10935 Estate Ln #380 – Dallas, TX 75238 – (214) 343-1333 – View Map
- CJ Lingberg Insurance Agency
11884 Greenville Ave a101 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (972) 479-9911 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Below are Dallas exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Roxy Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
12640 E Northwest Hwy, Ste 408 – Dallas, TX 75228 – (972) 681-6128 – View Map
- Earl Gordon – State Farm Insurance Agent
7605 McCallum Blvd – Dallas, TX 75252 – (972) 407-9995 – View Map
- Richard Ramirez – State Farm Insurance Agent
9400 N Central Expy #120 – Dallas, TX 75231 – (214) 320-3000 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Dallas, get answers to these questions.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is there a local claims center in Dallas?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Texas?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How many years have they been established?