To save the most money, the best way to find lower priced Honda HR-V insurance is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in Dallas.
- Try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as careless driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper HR-V coverage is available in Dallas. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Shockingly, nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in the United States could cut their rates by about $860 a year, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
How to get Dallas Honda HR-V insurance price quotes
Most companies such as State Farm and Allstate make it easy to get prices from their websites. Getting quotes for Honda HR-V insurance in Dallas is pretty painless as you simply type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Once entered, the company’s rating system collects your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information. Quoting online for Honda HR-V insurance in Dallas makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get lower-cost insurance pricing.
To quickly compare pricing, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you are getting a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Dallas, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Protect your Honda vehicle and other assets
Despite the high cost, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Honda but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Honda gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Texas overpays more than $830 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Cheap Dallas car insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Dallas and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Honda could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
Don’t be shocked that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for electronic funds transfer, distant student, early shopping, youthful driver, multi-car, pay in full, and mature driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, multiple autos, anti-theft, driver’s education, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, good student, multi-car, and hybrid vehicle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Dallas. To locate insurers that offer discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Local Dallas insurance agencies and auto insurance
Some people would prefer to have an agent’s advice. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to insurance agents in Dallas who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
If you want a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Dallas are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Dallas that are able to give rate quotes.
Jim Franco – State Farm Insurance Agent
3720 Walnut Hill Ln #203 – Dallas, TX 75229 – (214) 358-3246 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will want to include several independent insurance agents for the best price selection.
The following are independent agents in Dallas that are able to give price quote information.
Eves Insurance Agency
1318 Pioneer Dr – Dallas, TX 75224 – (214) 941-1300 – View Map
What insurance coverages do I need?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is my Honda HR-V covered for flood damage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Texas?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Honda HR-V insurance in Dallas. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Dallas auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Honda HR-V insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small local company.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund and even high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)