It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding lower prices. A survey found that consumers who regularly compared rates saved $860 a year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is your goal, then having some knowledge of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can make the process less intimidating.
The easiest way to find discount auto insurance rates in Fort Worth is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Texas. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Cutting your auto insurance rates is a great way to save money. Just take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Fort Worth, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT 2WD||$1,356||$678||$113|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,356||$678||$113|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,466||$733||$122|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$1,582||$791||$132|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,144||$572||$95|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$1,466||$733||$122|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,254||$627||$105|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,144||$572||$95|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,574||$787||$131|
|Honda Odyssey LX||$1,246||$623||$104|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,436||$718||$120|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,554||$777||$130|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,356||$678||$113|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,436||$718||$120|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,466||$733||$122|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can influence prices noticeably.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Fort Worth, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so shop around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance is expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on their website.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their company to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower insurance rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- Student in College – College-age children who live away from home at college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your insurance premiums.
Some of the larger companies that may include these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with each company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere.
What if I want to buy from local Fort Worth insurance agencies?
Some people still prefer to sit down with an agent. Most agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is especially important in Fort Worth.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Fort Worth car insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they function. Agents in Fort Worth are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can write business with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to include several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Featured below are Fort Worth independent agents that can give you price quote information.
- Graham Insurance Group, Inc.
2914 SE Loop 820 – Fort Worth, TX 76140 – (817) 293-0388 – View Map
- Fort Worth Insurance Agency
5049 Trail Lake Dr – Fort Worth, TX 76133 – (817) 292-2929 – View Map
- Woods Insurance Agency
2740 Western Center Blvd #504 – Fort Worth, TX 76131 – (817) 232-1580 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Fort Worth willing to provide rate quotes.
- Ricardo Rivera – State Farm Insurance Agent
2516 NE 28th St Ste 124 – Fort Worth, TX 76106 – (817) 945-2900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Robert Stine
3509 Hulen St Ste 103 – Fort Worth, TX 76107 – (817) 377-4048 – View Map
- Amado Flores – State Farm Insurance Agent
3345 Western Center Blvd Ste 180 – Fort Worth, TX 76137 – (817) 232-3000 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- How long has their agency been open in Fort Worth?
- What companies can they write with?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
If you get good responses as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your car insurance policy.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Smart shoppers get results
As you quote Fort Worth car insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We covered a lot of ways to reduce auto insurance rates online in Fort Worth. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Low-cost auto insurance in Fort Worth can be found from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at these sites:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)