Paying for pricey Ford Five Hundred insurance in Dallas can sap your accounts and put a big crunch on your finances. Performing a price comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to make ends meet.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop around annually are highly likely to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely compared rates saved about $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on insurance in Dallas is your intention, then understanding the best ways to shop for coverages can save time and money.
How to quote cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Dallas
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save money on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Dallas is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Texas.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, accidents and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover more information to prevent expensive rate increases and find possible discounts that are available.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Immediately keep your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Vehicle owners have many insurers to choose from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to adequately compare rates for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Dallas.
All major auto insurance companies provide price estimates directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Dallas doesn’t take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want into the form. Upon sending the form, their rating system makes automated requests for your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote. This makes it simple to compare prices and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find the most affordable premium possible.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate the coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you will get an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Five Hundred, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Get cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Dallas with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every available discount very well, so the list below details both the well known and the more hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies give discounts for signing up early. You may see this discount when you get Dallas auto insurance quotes online.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Dallas can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a driver safety class may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Dallas.
Buying car insurance from Dallas insurance agents
A lot of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local agencies is especially important in Dallas.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Dallas who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Listed below is a list of insurers in Dallas that can give you price quote information for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Dallas.
Finding a good insurer shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
If you receive good feedback to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an provider that is reliable enough to provide car insurance coverage.
Shop around and save
We just showed you a lot of information how to find affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance in Dallas. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a small local company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Dallas is definitely available on the web in addition to many Dallas insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Steps to saving on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Dallas
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find lower priced Ford Five Hundred insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Dallas. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, get a basic knowledge of car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as careless driving and a negative credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
More information can be found at the links below
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Dallas? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)