Have you finally had enough of trying to scrape together enough money to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as millions of other vehicle owners.
Unfortunately, most auto insurance policyholders in Texas have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared quotes from other companies. U.S. drivers can save 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison. Multiple insurance companies compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a company to discover the definitive cheapest price on Ford Fiesta insurance in Dallas.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage on a regular basis because prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Ford Fiesta insurance in Dallas on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the tricks you need to know to lower your annual insurance bill.
Cheapest companies for Ford Fiesta insurance in Texas
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Dallas, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford Fiesta insurance in Dallas
Insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 get Dallas auto insurance on their website.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next insurance statement.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model is cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Large insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, anti-theft, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new move discount, multi-car, newly retired, safety features, exclusive group savings, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, good student, early bird, air bags, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, and good driver.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for teen driver, youthful driver, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, good student, and distant student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for company car, multiple vehicles, safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, good student, and paperless.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including accident prevention training, multi-car, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, drive less, and safe driver.
When getting free Dallas auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Dallas. To choose insurers that offer discounts in Dallas, follow this link.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that aid in calculating insurance rates. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Location can influence price – Having an address in a small town has definite advantages when it comes to insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Lower population means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Raise your deductibles for better costs – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and having your car stolen. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
You may save more by bundling policies – Most larger companies allow lower prices for people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, you still need to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Gender and insurance costs – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both sexes get in accidents in similar percentages, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Limits of liability – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Your age impacts your prices – Young drivers in Texas have a tendency to be inattentive when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher. Adding a first-time driver to your insurance policy can be quite pricey. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
Insurance loss probability for a Ford Fiesta – Insurance companies use data from past claims to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates.
The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Ford Fiesta vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Dallas insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Dallas?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents from which to choose. Agents in Dallas are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are Dallas exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you compare prices from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a list of independent agents in Dallas that can give you price quote information.
Stewart Insurance Agency
437 W 12th St – Dallas, TX 75208 – (214) 948-7600 – View Map
Once you have positive feedback to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is reliable enough to properly service your car insurance policy. It’s important to know that policyholders can terminate coverage for any reason so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to a policy with no way to switch.
Be persistent and save
When you buy Dallas auto insurance online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies can be less work than you think.
Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents. Cheaper Ford Fiesta insurance in Dallas is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Dallas, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Steps to buying low-cost Ford Fiesta insurance in Dallas
The recommended way to find better pricing on Ford Fiesta insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Dallas.
- Try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many things that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a poor credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new policy. Be sure to put the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Much more information about insurance in Texas is located below: