Locating the cheapest Dallas Pontiac G6 insurance quotes over the internet might seem rather difficult for vehicle owners who are beginners to quoting and comparing rates and buying insurance over the internet. With so many insurers to choose from, how can vehicle owners have time to compare every company in order to find the lowest price available?
It’s shocking but nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Most drivers in the United States could save an average of roughly $860 each year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Most of the larger companies make it easy to get prices for coverage from their websites. Getting online rates for Pontiac G6 insurance in Dallas is pretty easy as you simply enter your coverage preferences into a form. When complete, the company’s rating system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price.
The ability to get online quotes for Pontiac G6 insurance in Dallas streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to do this in order to get the lowest payment possible.
To compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Dallas auto insurance discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list all their discounts very well, so here is a list both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Save over 55 – Seniors could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you the cheapest Pontiac G6 insurance in Dallas.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Dallas Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Dallas may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current G6 insurance policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The diagram below shows the difference between Pontiac G6 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include paid in full, group or association, good student, air bags, paperless, and multiple vehicles.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, defensive driver, good driver, TimeAway discount, and good student.
- Esurance has discounts for Switch & Save, claim free, renters, safety device, DriveSense, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, accident-free, anti-theft, good driver, and passive restraint.
- AAA offers discounts for anti-theft, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, good student, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Texas, click here.
Data for Pontiac G6 insurance
The rate table displayed below covers estimates of coverage costs for Pontiac G6 models. Learning more about how insurance prices are formulated is important for you to make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|G6 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$580||$388||$24||$116||$1,426||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in Dallas location which can lower or raise price quotes considerably.
Pontiac G6 insurance rates by age and gender
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Pontiac G6 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Pontiac G6 liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Pontiac G6 insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact rule to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Pontiac G6 claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Local Dallas insurance agents and auto insurance
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Dallas who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to your email. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
Insurance agent types
If you want to use a local Dallas insurance agency, there are two types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Dallas are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Dallas exclusive agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Ruth Shannon – State Farm Insurance Agent
18217 Midway Rd #134 – Dallas, TX 75287 – (972) 735-9797 – View Map
- John Hall – State Farm Insurance Agent
3110 Webb Ave #205 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (972) 807-2051 – View Map
- Bill Remley – State Farm Insurance Agent
4230 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy #105 – Dallas, TX 75244 – (972) 488-3822 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are Dallas independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Oak Lawn Insurance
5200 Lemmon Ave #105, Dallas, TX 75209, USA – TX 75209, TX USA – (214) 521-2212 – View Map
- CJ Lingberg Insurance Agency
11884 Greenville Ave a101 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (972) 479-9911 – View Map
- Insurance One
14180 Dallas Pkwy #900 – Dallas, TX 75254 – (972) 267-8000 – View Map
Informed Drivers Can Reduce Their Insurance Premiums
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the things that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings. Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Don’t get traffic citations – Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can affect Pontiac G6 insurance prices for different insured age categories. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Deter theft and save money – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart vehicle theft.
Performance affects insurance prices – The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in your rates. The lowest base rates tend to be for low performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart is based on a single male driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Pontiac G6 rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performances.
- Where you live factors in – Being located in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when buying auto insurance. People who live in big cities have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Single drivers may have higher premiums – Getting married may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Protect your G6 and other assets
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Pontiac G6 in Dallas, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Pontiac at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards your Pontiac and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Pontiac gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
One last thing about your coverage
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent or even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is actually quite simple.
As you quote Dallas auto insurance, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Dallas can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in Dallas, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Pontiac G6 insurance in Dallas
The best way we recommend to find better pricing on Pontiac G6 insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Dallas.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as your driving record and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
More information can be found at the links below
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Dallas Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)