Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average insurance premium being $2,679, Texas drivers could cut their rates by approximately $1,770 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rates and save money.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find better pricing on Nissan 370Z insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell insurance in Dallas.
- First, take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper 370Z coverage is available in Dallas. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. Don’t forget to place the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to point out is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using these techniques. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Dallas is really not that difficult. But Texas consumers must comprehend how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium because it varies considerably.
It’s important to know that making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding the best rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide Dallas 370Z insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from them as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Nissan 370Z insurance in Dallas
Auto insurance companies don’t list their entire list of discounts very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Dallas can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below shows the difference between Nissan 370Z auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- American Family offers premium reductions for Steer into Savings, defensive driver, bundled insurance, air bags, good student, and accident-free.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, multiple autos, driver’s education, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- 21st Century has savings for student driver, air bags, early bird, teen driver, driver training, homeowners, and automatic seat belts.
- Travelers offers discounts including new car, save driver, multi-car, IntelliDrive, multi-policy, good student, and driver training.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
Check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be offered in every state. To locate insurers who offer cheap Nissan 370Z insurance quotes in Dallas, click here to view.
Nissan 370Z insurance charts and tables
The premium table below covers a range of insurance policy prices for Nissan 370Z models. Understanding how insurance prices are figured is important for drivers to make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$176||$436||$486||$28||$146||$1,272||$106|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$196||$436||$430||$26||$128||$1,216||$101|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$196||$494||$486||$28||$146||$1,350||$113|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$196||$436||$430||$26||$128||$1,216||$101|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$196||$550||$486||$28||$146||$1,406||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Dallas car insurance rates
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can drive up Nissan 370Z insurance premiums for each age group. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Nissan 370Z yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to get advice from an agent
Some people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Dallas auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing a company shouldn’t rely on just the price. A good agent in Dallas will have answers to these questions.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- When do they do policy reviews?
Car insurance is not optional
Even though Dallas 370Z insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your 370Z, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Nissan 370Z but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $750 every year so shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 30/60/25 that translate to a limit of $30,000 per injured person, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as pain and suffering, funeral expenses, loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as rock chips in glass, hail damage, fire damage and a broken windshield. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Nissan 370Z.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25 in Texas), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for things like nursing services, X-ray expenses and EMT expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This coverage covers damage to your 370Z from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your 370Z to bring the cost down.
One last thing about your coverage
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Discount Nissan 370Z insurance in Dallas is available on the web and with local Dallas insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide price quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)