It’s well known that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who shop around once a year are highly likely to switch car insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey found that consumers who compared rates regularly saved over $865 a year compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is your intention, then having some insight into how to compare coverage rates can make it easier for you to save money.
The easiest way to get more affordable Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies that sell auto insurance in Dallas.
- Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of this process is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance rates for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Dallas is to know the trick most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as the ages of drivers, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, the type of vehicles you drive, and whether or not you need a SR-22. Your details is submitted instantly to many different companies and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly.
To find lower cheaper Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Dallas, TX. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chrysler in Dallas, buying auto insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chrysler, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves your Chrysler PT Cruiser and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so shop around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Rates and other information
The premium table displayed below outlines detailed analysis of insurance rates for Chrysler PT Cruiser models. Being more informed about how auto insurance policy rates are established is important for you to make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$122||$212||$304||$18||$92||$748||$62|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$122||$212||$304||$18||$92||$748||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in your specific Dallas location which can raise or lower rates greatly.
Rate comparison of males versus females in Dallas
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chrysler PT Cruiser yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The chart below shows the comparison of Chrysler PT Cruiser yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chrysler PT Cruiser replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $300 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Dallas insurance discounts for a Chrysler PT Cruiser
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before they will apply.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow driving data collection to scrutinize their driving habits by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers pay less in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money because newer models are generally safer.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles could be rewarded with slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below shows the comparison of Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies that may include most of the discounts above include:
Double check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Dallas. To locate insurance companies with significant discounts in Texas, click this link.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Texas?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What happens if I owe more than my Chrysler PT Cruiser is worth?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.