The best way we recommend to save on Chevy City Express insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who sell insurance in Dallas. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
A recent survey discovered that almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Many consumers in Texas could save an average of nearly 70% each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes online.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Companies do not advertise every possible discount very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current City Express insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy online.
- Student Discounts – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Dallas may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Chevy City Express auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, youthful driver, multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, multiple autos, good student, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Allstate offers discounts for multi-policy, new car, defensive driver, resident student, premier plus, and early signing.
- Nationwide offers discounts including good student, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, multi-policy, defensive driving, and business or organization.
- MetLife may include discounts for good student, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
Double check with all the companies how you can save money. Some credits may not apply to policies in your state. To view insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Texas, follow this link.
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get pricing on their websites. Comparing prices online for Chevy City Express insurance in Dallas is pretty painless as you simply type in your coverage preferences into a form. After you complete the form, their system gets information on your driving record and credit history and returns pricing information based on these and other factors. This simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the most affordable possible premiums on car insurance.
To compare rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will get a price comparison based on similar coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Dallas, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Chevy City Express insurance charts and tables
The coverage information displayed below showcases different coverage costs for Chevy City Express models. Being more informed about how premiums are calculated can aid in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$246||$476||$430||$26||$128||$1,306||$109|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$246||$580||$430||$26||$128||$1,410||$118|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$282||$580||$430||$26||$128||$1,446||$121|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$282||$580||$430||$26||$128||$1,446||$121|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$282||$580||$430||$26||$128||$1,446||$121|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$282||$580||$430||$26||$128||$1,446||$121|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$282||$580||$430||$26||$128||$1,446||$121|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$282||$580||$430||$26||$128||$1,446||$121|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$282||$580||$430||$26||$128||$1,446||$121|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$282||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,550||$129|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$282||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,550||$129|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$282||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,550||$129|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$282||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,550||$129|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$318||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,586||$132|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$318||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,586||$132|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$318||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,586||$132|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$318||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,586||$132|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$318||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,586||$132|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$318||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,586||$132|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$318||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,586||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can change auto insurance rates significantly.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can influence Chevy City Express insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chevrolet City Express annual premiums for males versus females
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevy City Express premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy City Express premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Texas. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy City Express replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Components of Your Chevy City Express Insurance Prices
Many factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are more obscure like where you live or how financially stable you are.
Lower deductibles cost more – Protection for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Chevy. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. The deductibles you choose define how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Gaps in coverage mean higher rates – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Lower prices with alarms and GPS tracking – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Age of drivers impacts costs – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers are proven to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Too many car insurance claims and you’ll pay more – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Texas provide the lowest premiums to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When choosing coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What is the ISO rating for a Chevy City Express?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
When do I need to have guidance from an insurance agent?
Many people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Dallas.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Dallas who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to your email. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How are they compensated?
- Where are claims handled?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Once you have acceptable answers to your questions and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found a company that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind policyholders can cancel a policy whenever you want so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for a certain time period.
Choosing the best Chevy City Express insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Dallas, car insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your City Express with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Chevy. It will also cover medical bills that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Dallas is wasting up to $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Persistence will pay off
More affordable insurance in Dallas can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Dallas agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies work with independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More detailed insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)