The preferred way to save on Fiat 124 Spider insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies that insure vehicles in Dallas.
- Step 1: Try to learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and poor credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on 124 Spider insurance in Dallas. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A crucial key to this process is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who shop around for cheaper prices will probably move their business because there is a good probability of finding lower rate quotes. A survey found that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved about $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance is your intention, then learning a little about how to get price quotes and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the process.
This information will introduce you to how to get online quotes. If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. Drivers just have to understand the most effective way to find the lowest price instantly.
The most recommended method to compare policy rates for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Dallas is to know the trick most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as whether the vehicles are used for commuting, level of coverage desired, your education level, and if it has an anti-theft system. That rating information gets transmitted to multiple insurance providers and you get price estimates within a short period of time.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and complete the quick form.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Dallas, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, more than likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Fiat at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your Fiat 124 Spider but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Fiat 124 Spider insurance rates in Dallas
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Dallas auto insurance online.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Dallas without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will positively reduce your overall bill.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for defensive driver, automatic seat belts, air bags, early bird, homeowners, good student, and theft prevention.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, good student, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, education and occupation, multi-car, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for hybrid vehicle, newly retired, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, and newly married.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not apply in your state. To see providers with the best Fiat 124 Spider insurance discounts in Dallas, click this link.
Local Dallas car insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with local agencies is important especially in Dallas.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to companies in Dallas that give free quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Dallas agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include price quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Featured below are Dallas independent insurance agents that can give you free insurance quotes.
- Calema Insurance Agency
3021 Lombardy Ln #101 – Dallas, TX 75220 – (469) 341-7831 – View Map
- E F Insurance Agency
9304 Forest Ln #217 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (972) 931-9285 – View Map
- La Familia Auto Insurance
8702 Spring Valley Rd – Dallas, TX 75240 – (972) 586-7488 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Dallas willing to provide rate quotes.
- Joe Pearce – State Farm Insurance Agent
9543 Losa Dr #111 – Dallas, TX 75218 – (214) 327-9315 – View Map
- Larry Sandlin – State Farm Insurance Agent
4560 W Mockingbird Ln #120 – Dallas, TX 75209 – (214) 526-5227 – View Map
- Kelvin Nunley – State Farm Insurance Agent
1441 N Cockrell Hill Rd #100 – Dallas, TX 75211 – (214) 333-0404 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- How are they compensated?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Dallas?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How high should deductibles be on a Fiat 124 Spider?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Find cheaper insurance prices by comparing often
We covered many ways to reduce Fiat 124 Spider insurance prices online in Dallas. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Dallas auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Low-cost Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Dallas is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Dallas auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)